Type R and VTEC owners

Just checked my oil for the first time since changing the oil probably 8 months ago, and it's not burnt a drop. Not bad for 23 years old and 164k miles.

l80t.jpg

<3

The EK9 used to burn half a litre every 1k:p

Thought you already had lowering springs Andrew? I've been in a car with Eibachs, nice improvement over standard thats for sure.

Getting the geometry set up is pretty awesome as well especially if you get camber bolts so you can sort that out. I have just a front end FRS at the moment but the difference compared to stock geo was pretty marked. Admittedly the geo from the factory is a little wonky as theres not much adjustment - in fact none at all for camber - and the chaps at Swindon don't centre the subframe perfectly! Way more steering feel and much more stability and confidence to throw it into corners. Just want to get the rear alignment sorted with some shims and a rear ARB on and it'll be cracking :)

Just curious if you've had it mapped properly yet as well for the RRC, and any progress with the manifold?

Didn't know traffic light cameras doubled up as speed cameras.

I am screwed, I've obtained 6 points in a matter of months. I'm going to have 9 total now.

That's my potential driving career screwed. Whats insurance like with a person with 9 points.

For me at least, cheaper than with 3.

Kind Regards

Alec

I miss my Civic, I am thinking about getting a cheaper one this time, FN2 would be nice but to be honest I do a lot less hours with my new job, no longer a stress head and it's cushty but obviously not as much cash. Thinking what a 3k EP3 will be like, a real tidy pre facelift with a few choice mods would be ideal. 3k means I can keep a few grand and really start putting some up for the house fund.

Do you think a minter pre facelift for 3k is doable on about 70k with exhaust, induction, lowered and suspension bits? Or spend more on a facelift again?

I want something cheaper as I can sort of not pussy foot it around incase I break anything and so I'd enjoy the purpose of the car more...maybe. :)

I'm twitching a bit at 60k lol. I agree it does look better, the Red one has a terrible looking seat. What attracted me was the mods are very me bar maybe a mani and remap.

I'm twitching a bit at 60k lol. I agree it does look better, the Red one has a terrible looking seat. What attracted me was the mods are very me bar maybe a mani and remap.

Don't worry. Half a day and that seat will come out nearly new. It doesn't seem to have any rips or be sagging badly on the bolsters, it's just very shiny and needs a thorough clean!

And muffin, nice black DC5, but nigh on 10k for a 150k one is just taking the mick in my eyes. Yes it has some good modifications, but it's still only just a good looking DC5 with an awful lot of mileage. Great it's had some engine work done, but how do you know the builder has serious experience with Hondas and a bullettproof track record with them?

Get a nice DC2 and invest the saved £6k+ elsewhere, you'll get as much if not more fun out spending 1/3 of the cost ;)

Don't worry. Half a day and that seat will come out nearly new. It doesn't seem to have any rips or be sagging badly on the bolsters, it's just very shiny and needs a thorough clean!

And muffin, nice black DC5, but nigh on 10k for a 150k one is just taking the mick in my eyes. Yes it has some good modifications, but it's still only just a good looking DC5 with an awful lot of mileage. Great it's had some engine work done, but how do you know the builder has serious experience with Hondas and a bullettproof track record with them?

Get a nice DC2 and invest the saved £6k+ elsewhere, you'll get as much if not more fun out spending 1/3 of the cost ;)

I knew you'd say that lol. I've actually seen a lot more DC2's with less miles than DC5's... Not sure how that one works out. Also seen a rather tasty Ek9 with about 40k on it. I cannot afford an FD2, well I can but as I'm saving for a house it would be selfish so I'm thinking of going 'good Type R' older.
Not totally against a DC2 either, just not UK one ;)

At this age there's more to a car than milage is my point, you can get the car checked by a reputable garage if you're really bothered. I'm sure he'd entertain if he's trying to shift a 150k car

Muffin` I would rather buy 150k miles car with 5k in parts invested than 60k car that i would need to put 6k in parts into.

Thats the reason i got my ITR cause it got all mods done. I know engine needs stem seals changing. But besides thats it is in mint condition :)

32070_133375696678293_5355392_n.jpg

Got all Japanese paperwork with my DC2 including Mugen header certificate and stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom