Type R and VTEC owners

So I think the trackday did some damage to the abs sensor.

Took the car out today and I'm getting some juddering through the brake pedal. It's not all the time and I can't feel anything through the steering wheel so it sounds like a knackered sensor?

I'll measure the pads when it's stopped ****ing down.

That wont really tell you much unless the pads are totally shot and down to the backing plate (which you'd probably hear as much as feel anyway)....most likely all you will discover is the pads are worn a bit more, which I'm guessing you would have expected anyway after a track day :D

Just drive around for a bit like clarkey says, gently build some heat in the brakes with a few gentle stops and hope it goes away with normal use after youve driven around for a good few miles..

Last edited:
So I think the trackday did some damage to the abs sensor.

Took the car out today and I'm getting some juddering through the brake pedal. It's not all the time and I can't feel anything through the steering wheel so it sounds like a knackered sensor?

mine did this on the first track day with them. use car as normal and it goes after a few miles. nothing to worry about, they were epic the next time i used them on track.

my mechanics said when they installed them, to do the bedding in procedure every once in a while also to keep the pads in good condition and allow them to remain effective.

Relentless81 i got use to **** like thay.
More sales = more whiners simple as.
So far i got around 1k worth of stuff of them for my EG and ITR. Always good quality stuff.

No one is doubting that they sell some nice gear.

It's the bit between it sitting on a shelf, and it arriving where it's supposed to go in a timely fashion which is the issue.

And the communication to go with it.

I am looking at getting my first Type R. I've had a couple honda's back in the day, prelude, civic ls! Looking at the Mugen 200 because the extra styling looks nice. Different exhausts etc.

Currently driving a 2009 BMW 1 Series 116d. Different car all together but I want that pure driving feel.

Anyone with a child seat in the back? Can't be any different than my 3 door.

It has isofix in the back, lots of space in the back too, its very practical. Not sure access will be the easiest but all 3 doors are largely similar....long doors and slightly awkward access, but if you can deal with those inherent traits its a very practical family car. The ride is definitely hard though even for a sports model!

Attempted this lot on Saturday

QDrMwnKl.jpg

Low an behold Sunday morning it still looked like this:

LhSO88ol.jpg

The lines were a nightmare and my pipe bending into the uprated Master Cylinder was leaking. Fortunately our very own farmer Mr Taken was there to save the day (the whole day!) and I managed to get it all up and running <3

Back
Top Bottom