Type R and VTEC owners

Need a new clutch :(

So £160 for the clutch kit.

How much would an independent charge to fit it?

nope

mine was done by my mates garage for £200 labour. [but they did me an oil change and some other bits and bobs on the same day]

I had quotes from ABP and AREA for around £250

Didn't dare contact Honda :p

If you want help I'm up for giving you a hand/providing moral encouragement :p, depending upon when you are doing it of course!

I watched eightspeed take the box off my car when I had my diff fitted, its better than doing it in an ep3 thats for sure, less needs dismantling underneath due to the 'subframe' design on the fn2. More disassembly required from above than on an ep3 mind, need to get the airbox out to get to the mounts/linkage, so you need to dismantle the scuttle panel etc as well, still preferable to more faffing around underneath the car though, and something I have done a couple of times now!

Last edited:
If you want help I'm up for giving you a hand/providing moral encouragement :p, depending upon when you are doing it of course!

I watched eightspeed take the box off my car when I had my diff fitted, its better than doing it in an ep3 thats for sure, less needs dismantling underneath due to the 'subframe' design on the fn2. More disassembly required from above than on an ep3 mind, need to get the airbox out to get to the mounts/linkage, so you need to dismantle the scuttle panel etc as well, still preferable to more faffing around underneath the car though, and something I have done a couple of times now!

Thanks for the offer, but I'll be taking my time doing it, and I'm a fair few miles from you :p

The question is.. Do I go Honda OEM clutch? or Exedy? Both similar prices. It would be daft not to replace the clutch whilst I've got the gearbox off.

For mine the OEM is fine for the road but some people said it can overheat on the track so I splashed out on the Exeedy Stage 1 and as you felt it's pretty dam heavy! Which is a pain in stop-start, but when you're on it, it's brutal :cool:

What about a lightened fly too? Is the FN2 already pretty light or...?

Muffin` Your leg is weak !!!
I got Stage 1 Exedy its so much lighter than Stage 1 ACT I had in EG !!!
25762_109286425753887_5705566_n.jpg

After 5 minutes in trafic my left leg was killing me even after 4 years of driving with it lololol
But it was indestructible clutch kicks high rpm starts ect NO PROBLEM !!! I did around 15k miles trashing it no problem before car got sold :D
So ACT is proper Brutal Exedy is just heavier :D

Back
Top Bottom