Type R and VTEC owners

The S and the 5 both have more than adequate boot space for even a large shopping trip. There's only the two of us, its hardly the feeding of the 5000. They still have a modicum of practicality. Its not like I'm buying a Caterham or something.

Besides. When I finally get my hands on an S, the last thing on my agenda will be how many bog rolls I can fit in it.

Last edited:
The s2000 is so much more than an ep3 without a roof. The whole 'sports car' vibe is great, low seating position, more focused cabin, more hardcore driving experience, that long bonnet stretching out in front of you... etc etc. Just a much more special ownership experience. You need to go drive one but just a few miles should show how much better it is as a drivers car than any hot hatch.

I'm concerned about who is going to get lumbered with the shopping trips if yourself and the Mrs both have convertibles

I never, ever struggled with shopping trips with my S2000. It is a seriously practical car. There is room for rucksacks behind each front seats, and I've had suitcases - granted smaller ones - in the boot with ease.

I'd risk saying its one of the most practical convertibles you can get really. The MX5 boot is hardly tiny either?

My 5 had lots of space for activities!

YN4OAGk.jpg

So much bush for making wreaths. Took months to clear it all out properly haha.

Managed a set a full set of wheels in there, granted only the driver could fit in though. The boots are quite decent for the size of the car really, especially if you lose the spare.

I never, ever struggled with shopping trips with my S2000. It is a seriously practical car. There is room for rucksacks behind each front seats, and I've had suitcases - granted smaller ones - in the boot with ease.

I'd risk saying its one of the most practical convertibles you can get really. The MX5 boot is hardly tiny either?

There is no room behind the front seats for people who have the seat fully back.

Managed to get a BBQ in the front seat of the 5, secured with the seatbelt and bungies.

Looked awesome.

What wasn't awesome was the fact I'd forgotten to empty the ash trap before transporting, so once the wind hit it I had a cloud following me. :D

Hi guys, new to the forum. I was told to join up by Will on here who owns a red MK3 MX5 (used to have FN2 civic and S2000). Anyway a little about me, I own a Honda Civic Jordan, done quite a few mods to it including a supercharger, volks wheels and whole bunch of other stuff. Will get some pictures up and a spec list sometime soon.

Hopefully I'll get catch up with some of you soon. I'm based in Wolverhampton if any of you are local and work at the Honda dealer in Wolverhampton (along with Mazda, Chevrolet and Saab).

Michael

I've just left a deposit on a 2005 NHB Premier, I can't wait to pick it up next week. Its in stunning condition, will get some piccies up next weekend :)

Can you folks give me some advice on the best induction and exhaust choices to really get her sounding nice? I used to own a Gruppe M induction kit on my old EP3 years ago and loved it. The Tegiwa looks like a cheaper copy of that? I've had no experience with exhausts, what are generally considered the best sounding? Spoon N1 and Buddy Club Pro Spec appear to be the popular choices? I appreciate these thing don't appeal to all but helpful replies only please. I'm approaching 32 and this is probably my last chance to act like a **** :D

Last edited:
Just had to put new tyres all round on the ep3.. Fronts were shot and rears had gone really hard as around 7 years old

I know nothing about car tyres so plumped for Bridgestone RE050A and I noticed the supplier put on the extra reinforced 88w.

Anyway cut to the chase the car feels so much better now, doesn't even pull to right anymore, and tramlines less on bad surfaces. Grip seems fine...and ride less crashy (coming from RE040 84w)

Downside, inc delivery, balancing and mobile fitting I paid £600. Maybe should have shopped around more

Hi guys, new to the forum. I was told to join up by Will on here who owns a red MK3 MX5 (used to have FN2 civic and S2000). Anyway a little about me, I own a Honda Civic Jordan, done quite a few mods to it including a supercharger, volks wheels and whole bunch of other stuff. Will get some pictures up and a spec list sometime soon.

Hopefully I'll get catch up with some of you soon. I'm based in Wolverhampton if any of you are local and work at the Honda dealer in Wolverhampton (along with Mazda, Chevrolet and Saab).

Michael

Welcome! You coming to the RR day? :D

So took my car into the garage to get the misfire sorted. They've found that it's an air leak on cylinder 4. Everything else has been checked over and they are pretty certain it's an air leak.

Is this going to cripple my wallet?

Can't wait to get it sorted so I can sell it.

I've probably driven the car around 2000 miles this year :(

Just to add..

All the sensors have been checked, they've ran some smoke through the engine and can't find the leak. If it were sensors then this misfire should be happening across all cylinders and not just #4...

Sounds ****ed :mad:

I want a new car.

Back
Top Bottom