Type R and VTEC owners

Ha ha, I loved my Meercat exhaust, sounded great. I will never buy into this Japanese stuff is better, it's a mindset from a 16 year old fantasizing about fast and furious. That said, it's clear a lot of it is great but it's such a blanket statement thrown out trying to justify some ****e.

Is everything JDM better then? Should I have spent 1k on a Spoon exhaust rather than a custom made one from Scotland for £450?

thats not what I am saying though is it...

JDM performance Hondas are better than their UKDM equivalents

The extra features, usually related to improved performance are something that would obviously be a plus point for a car enthusiast.

I was clearly talking about cars from the factory and not aftermarket parts.

thats not what I am saying though is it...

JDM performance Hondas are better than their UKDM equivalents

The extra features, usually related to improved performance are something that would obviously be a plus point for a car enthusiast.

I was clearly talking about cars from the factory and not aftermarket parts.

Ok, I got my wires crossed there. I would agree but I don't think it's worth the premium in some cases. What did the EP3 get extra, wasn't it just an LSD? FD2 is great too, everyone knows it and yet it wasn't popular in Japan, bizzare.

What did the EP3 get extra, wasn't it just an LSD

a few more things than that but i see what youre saying.

similar to my EP3 vs DC5 rant a month or so ago,

is it worth the extra? probably not.

are the extras appealing? of course they are.

to a car enthusiast, especially Honda enthusiasts, the JDM will be more desirable simply because it was better out of the box.

thats why people aspire to them, call it scene tax or what have you but ultimately a JDM EP3/FD2 at a car show will get noticed whereas a UKDM EP3/FN2 wont.

I cant find anything that suggests an improved Civic Type R+ for the Japanese market is due in 2014 though so Honda may have all their eggs in this basket.

It got bucket seats and an LSD. Sounds like not much, but those are 2 things which turn it from a normal car into a proper drivers machine.

This isn't always the case though. JDM Z32 had a worse spec than the UK ones (for the equivalent model, only one came to UK), same deal with the JZA80.

Last edited:
What was diff then between the two integra DC2?

Bar the cosmetics it was little things like restrive cats and manifolds for emissions, thinner drive shafts, thinner anti roll bars.

Nothing that couldn't be rectified with £500 and a few hours today but when the cars were new it's not something that could have been easily or cheaply fixed

wow nice Jordan Michael P.

sounds like Will/RDT is doing alright for himself too. I remember when it was just him and his outbuilding at his parents house. Definitely the biggest Honda nerd I've ever met:p

wow nice Jordan Michael P.

sounds like Will/RDT is doing alright for himself too. I remember when it was just him and his outbuilding at his parents house. Definitely the biggest Honda nerd I've ever met:p

Cheers mate, yeah Will's doing well for himself. His knowledge on all things Honda is outstanding. Currently in the middle of building his own crazy spec EK9.

a JDM EP3/FD2 at a car show will get noticed whereas a UKDM EP3/FN2 wont.

Well I hope an owner of such a fine steed enjoys driving the car more than spending all his spare time polishing it to within an inch of it's life, just to show it off to some Honda boyz in a field :p

UK got a gimpy front end for some reason, never got the 98 spec version.

I'm going to find you and run you over........... with my gimpy front end.

P1000947_zpse54bb09f.jpg

Absolutely love your car, great work. I now want my Teg boosted :D

But take a look at getting that wheel re-trimmed. Jack @ Royal Steering Wheels did mine and it's soo much better than the faded, flaking and dirty old thing (like yours looks).

Before/After comparison of mine below:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=24236584&highlight=royal+steering#post24236584

@Vita, you clearly don't need to go to specsavers :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom