Type R and VTEC owners

T

With regards to the DC2, I have been browsing through the bay/AT/PH. Prices seem to have jumped for the UK Dc2 while JDM sheds are still around the £3kish mark. Anything below £3k is high mileage which I don't want to get.

Have you ever drove a DC2 out of curiosity? Also, I'd recommend buying on condition, not age and mileage, if properly maintained these engines can do high mileage no problem.

Suppose these days getting an LSD box out of an Integra with lower gear ratios would not be that expensive a job in the scheme of things..? LSD boxes must be available for what, couple of hundred quid?

That's what I did with mine - made it a lot better to drive.

I loved mine when I had it - but Will is right though - it always had a bit of an identity crisis.

Bulletproof reliability at the time - think I only ever replaced two wheel bearings in my ownership.

Have you ever drove a DC2 out of curiosity? Also, I'd recommend buying on condition, not age and mileage, if properly maintained these engines can do high mileage no problem.

No I have not, only an EP3/ATR.

EDIT: Any EP3 owners, what are the ep3's like on fuel/maintenance? I've seen a nice pre that I want to purchase.

Last edited:
What's everyone's opinion of the 04 Civic 1.6 Sport? There is a tidy looking one in Elgin that I might check out. They're wanting 2995 for it with 71k on the clock.

I prefer the MB6 over the EK4, I've had two of each and the best all rounder was the MB6, one of the EK4's was quite quick though for some reason, it was a pre-facelift and the quickest VTI I owned. Its got a K20 in it now so I bet its a whole lot quicker than it was back then!

Yeah, the amount of stuff he knows is mental.

He's going the 1.8 route now isn't he? His EK9 B16A turbo was stupidly quick! (425bhp?) Made my stock EK9 look tame that's for sure.

He has a turbo B18 fully built when I got to know him, that was making around 400whp. He's since stripped it back out, sold the turbo kit and is making some "upgrades". Not sure when he'll get it done as he's always busy working on customers cars.

I've always preferred the look of the UK spec DC2 tegs, just not keen on the styling of the JDM DC2 tegs. I guess it's just one of those things, we can't all like the same things! I think for a daily driver the MB6 is a good car, but I just don't see it as something you take for a blast down the lanes. Maybe that's just me though?

Vita, largely reliable cars. Fuel, 28mpg going steady, less if you boot it. 34ish on a long run at 60-65mph. Go through front tyres quickly.

Just use good 5w/40 oil with regular changes and be picky enough to do stuff like gearbox oil regularly, all your fluids and filters for peace of mind then you're good to go.

Checklist I made when I bought mine: http://www.illusional.co.uk/stuff/civicguide.doc

My ATR had it, it used to make a whooshing sound on throttle lift off. It was the cause of the gearbox messing up as I heard it rattling around, and the gears went stiff.

Product Quantity Sub Total:
Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil -5 Litres
SKU: 00089665
1 £43.74

Hamp Synergy Oil Filter -H1540-RTA-505
SKU: 00091351
1 £6.99

Order Level Coupon Discount: £12.17
Goods Net: £40.58
Carriage Net: £4.16
Sub Total: £44.74
VAT: £8.95
Total: £53.69

Due a service, track day at Oulton Park on the 7th December.. :o

Vita you will hate the EP3 steering after owning an ATR, trust me.

I have driven an Ep3, it doesn't seem as sharp as the ATR. It's liveable though. I just want a newer VTEC, I wouldn't mind another ATR, but they're getting on now and I'd like something a little newer. EP3 seems fine for what will be as a little weekend toy.

EDIT: Your ATR was on the bay a couple weeks back. I was going to take a look at it but something came up. After much thinking I decided that it wasn't good to go with my heart again.

Last edited:
Product Quantity Sub Total:
Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil -5 Litres
SKU: 00089665
1 £43.74

Hamp Synergy Oil Filter -H1540-RTA-505
SKU: 00091351
1 £6.99

Order Level Coupon Discount: £12.17
Goods Net: £40.58
Carriage Net: £4.16
Sub Total: £44.74
VAT: £8.95
Total: £53.69

Due a service, track day at Oulton Park on the 7th December.. :o

Why not drive to halfords and a Honda garage?

Halfords sell **** oil? ;) the nearest Honda garage is a half hour drive, where the staff aren't the sharpest. Opie Oils had an offer on, which makes them as expensive as the rest of the world. So I placed an order.

Fuchs Titan Pro S is among the best oils out there, so I'm led to believe? Should I have bought Castrol?

Back
Top Bottom