Type R and VTEC owners

Simon > Fuchs Titan Pro S

It's the most common used oil of all on the K20 engined cars. EP3 owners and FN2 owners alike use the stuff.

It was a toss up between the Fuchs, Nanodrive (which you didn't recommend) , Shell Helix 5w40, and Motul X-cess. Anything thinner than 5w-40 tends to get burnt apparently. What do you use in the S2000?

Last edited:
Fully aware of the product. It only has minimal specifications, ACEA A3/B3 and API SL, pretty much the lowest performing specifications.

The most common oil used in the K20 is the factory fill, no Honda dealers use the Fuchs stuff

Are there any oils that actually meet the Specifications?

Everyone on the Honda forums seem to have dealers using completely different oils, last time I had mine serviced, they put Shell Helix in the car. So this time I wanted something a little better that could handle a bit more abuse on track, which is why I chose the Pro S.

I can cancel the order if you're able to recommend something better?

What does your handbook ask for?

I understand the FN2 is recommended to use A5/B5 0W-30. But this is from the 2010 facelift years. Same oil is specified for my 2010 FN3.

I use Millers CFS NT in my Evo now, can't complain and it comes highly rated from what I understand.

I have driven an Ep3, it doesn't seem as sharp as the ATR. It's liveable though. I just want a newer VTEC, I wouldn't mind another ATR, but they're getting on now and I'd like something a little newer. EP3 seems fine for what will be as a little weekend toy.

EDIT: Your ATR was on the bay a couple weeks back. I was going to take a look at it but something came up. After much thinking I decided that it wasn't good to go with my heart again.

The silver one?

Aye, as a weekend car the EP3 does all right.

Another oil with no specifications. How many thousands do you spend on engine mods then just chuck in an oil that doesn't meet the specifications the manufacturers state must be used.

What does your handbook ask for?

I understand the FN2 is recommended to use A5/B5 0W-30. But this is from the 2010 facelift years. Same oil is specified for my 2010 FN3.

The 2010 facelift consisted of an LSD, no engine changes took place.

The 0w-30 is too thin, and burns off when giving it some abuse, VTEC mainly.

I read somewhere that the grade of oil you used in an engine depended on the climate your car lives in.

Anyways, I use 5W-40 in the DC5 with no issues.

There is unlikely to be any short term issues or step changes using anything. Just Honda moved to 2.9cP ACEA A5/B5 or C2 recommendation when they introduced the 207PS K20. Whether they changed the engine or not who knows. Rumour has it the F20 had a revision in 2004 as oil consumption was massively reduced.

In reality oil only has a limited impact on oil consumption compared to many factors like the engine build, run in style, driving style etc

Last edited:
The guy I sold it to sold it on, the next owner PM'd me on the ATR forum asking about a gearbox oil leak. Was fine AFAIK when I sold it and said as much. Not sure what's happened to it since then.

What should we be looking for in an oil then exactly? I can't help but feel that your posts are rather vague.

I'm interested to know as I want the best for my car and have used the oil Taken was buying since I have owned the car.

What should we be looking for in an oil then exactly? I can't help but feel that your posts are rather vague.

I'm interested to know as I want the best for my car and have used the oil Taken was buying since I have owned the car.

Whatever oil meets the minimum specification for your engine is a good start, which has never been whatever opie oil pushes AFAIK. Check Castrol, She'll and Mobil out, I use Castrol Edge 10w40

Castrol is nothing but a con in my opinion. Most engines take just under 5 litres. So Castrol sell it in a 4 Litre Container, forcing you to buy a stupid 1 litre container at a jumped up price.

Opie Oils didn't push me to get the Fuchs Titan btw, I just read around and found it was the most commonly used oil on the K20 owners forums (Type R Owners, Civ Info etc) it's a good oil that doesn't burn excessively.

Back
Top Bottom