Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Where you are in the country will play a huge factor into where you get it serviced.

I would look at lowering springs, Eibach rear camber adjusters, fronts adjusting bolts and a typical FRSU. It'll transform the care. Then get the pads as you say along with braided hoses.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Stoke on Trent. So Warrington is a 30-40 minute drive

I don't really fancy spending all that money on upgrading suspension etc.
If I was doing regular track sessions then maybe but for road use, surely it is not required?

Man of Honour
OP
Not required, but totally transforms the car, it's not a lot of money, especially when you're on about spending £400 or so on an exhaust? Same gets you a FRSU, camber adjusters and springs.... handling and the way the car feels > sound IMO.

Considering your location, go to Grinspeed or TDI North.

Caporegime

If I was doing regular track sessions then maybe but for road use, surely it is not required?

It'll bring more benefit on B road blasts than a back box

Associate

I had rear camber arms, front camber bolts, and a FRSU on my ep3 and it totally transformed the car, would highly recommend it . I decided to stick with the standard springs and rear anti roll bar to save some cost, and never felt like i need to do more to the suspension for road driving and my 2 trips to the Nurburgring.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Interesting. May can off the idea of a catback and look at that then.

Starting point for a good set up? Go gently, im in noob territory now guys.

Associate
Interesting. May can off the idea of a catback and look at that then.

Starting point for a good set up? Go gently, im in noob territory now guys.

To get a proper FRSU you will need to fit adjustable rear camber arms, and front camber bolts. This will allow adjustment of toe and camber, on all 4 wheels. Cant remember what settings I had on mine, but it wasnt too aggressive as I didnt want to scrub the tyres.

Expect to pay about £100 - £150 for the camber arms and bolts, and another £100 to get it set up. The arms and bolts are easy to fit yourself, but the garage should fit them for a small charge if required.

Associate
I just got a pair of D2 adjustable rear arms for £70 of eBay. There are other makes with prices tags of almost double that, but I didn't see the need to spend the extra. Any brand of front camber bolt will be fine, they're all the same and pretty much the same price, £20-£30.

Edit: Not from this seller, but these are the ones I used: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2-Rear-Camber-a...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfe7971b0 Couldn't fault them tbh

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I just got a pair of D2 adjustable rear arms for £70 of eBay. There are other makes with prices tags of almost double that, but I didn't see the need to spend the extra. Any brand of front camber bolt will be fine, they're all the same and pretty much the same price, £20-£30.

Edit: Not from this seller, but these are the ones I used: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2-Rear-Camber-a...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfe7971b0 Couldn't fault them tbh

D2 arms will rust and fall apart or seize. There's a reason they're cheap.

Soldato
Any opinions on the k&n typhoon? Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on them. I'm just after a little bit more of a throaty noise :) may try the hondata mod as suggested

Back
Top Bottom