Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Any opinions on the k&n typhoon? Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on them. I'm just after a little bit more of a throaty noise :) may try the hondata mod as suggested
If you want noise alone they are okay, but the engine will feel lethargic in traffic.

Pity they discontinued the SPC front Aluminium arms for the front of a DC2 :/

By far the best designed arms out there.
Why doesn't somebody copy an existing set?

Soldato
Stoke on Trent. So Warrington is a 30-40 minute drive

I don't really fancy spending all that money on upgrading suspension etc.
If I was doing regular track sessions then maybe but for road use, surely it is not required?

You aren't far away from ABP Motorsport either, I had my fast road set up done there when I had the EP3.

Associate
ABP are very good, they've also just won garage of the year for the 3rd time in a row.

I had my brakes done with them.

Would be much easier for you to go there and they do servicing etc.

Soldato
Why doesn't somebody copy an existing set?

Don't! :p

Tegiwa are ok with the off copied part here and there, but structural parts like these and LCAs are not something to just copy by the likes of them. Already asked them plenty of questions regarding their Engineering design of the LCA Func 7 copies and got nothing back except 'they are exactly the same' :rolleyes:;)

Man of Honour
OP
Don't! :p

Tegiwa are ok with the off copied part here and there, but structural parts like these and LCAs are not something to just copy by the likes of them. Already asked them plenty of questions regarding their Engineering design of the LCA Func 7 copies and got nothing back except 'they are exactly the same' :rolleyes:;)

I don't mean the likes of Tegiwa, I mean a proper machine shop.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
right then, think I am going to give ABP a call tomorrow and find out what they can do for me.

screw driving to warrington if these guys are on the doorstep

Soldato
I'm gonna use them too when I lower mine on Eibach springs, camber arms/bolts and whatever I need, FRSU etc.

Looks like it'll cost about 550 quid all in though! Or could get my mechanic to do the bulk of the work and then take it ABP for FRSU...

Soldato
From looking on forums thats the price for springs, camber bolts, camber arms, labour to fit and fast road setup.

Not hugely cheap when you start at 150 for the springs alone lol. Can't you tell I'm used to cheapo Vauxhalls and the like :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yeah, the cost builds up for the camber arms and and bolts which aren't cheap for the good ones that shouldn't seize up so easily. £100 for the alignment or so. When you break it down it adds up and isn't a lot when it's all needed.

I paid £550 for the Meister-R coilovers on my MX5 ;) haha. That is fully adjustable from the factory however so ner :p

Soldato
Everyone seems to rave about those kinda coilies on the EP3 too if I've heard right? I don't think I'd see any benefit for how I use my car by having coilovers though but even the name sounds cool haha.

Your MX5 sits fantastic!

Caporegime
Went to Cheddar George today and the surrounding roads, the engines really starting to free up now and the suspensions settling in. The car is just awesome, the engine is peach and the gearbox sublime, the steering could do with a wee bit of love but I think I know what that is. But the entire time it's like :D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

With the weather the way it is it's safe to order some proper rubber, Toyo T1-R's are fine for shopping trolleys but just not up to the job on sprinted drives. AD08's here I come :cool: (watch it snow :rolleyes:)

Caporegime
Everyone seems to rave about those kinda coilies on the EP3 too if I've heard right? I don't think I'd see any benefit for how I use my car by having coilovers though but even the name sounds cool haha.

Your MX5 sits fantastic!

They're supposed to be a great product for the price, but I shy'd away as they're a bit firm for day to day. Got OEM Shocks and Eibach springs for not much more than the Meister cost. Horses for courses

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I'm gonna use them too when I lower mine on Eibach springs, camber arms/bolts and whatever I need, FRSU etc.

Looks like it'll cost about 550 quid all in though! Or could get my mechanic to do the bulk of the work and then take it ABP for FRSU...

Is that a quote from abp? Or just what you have priced up on parts? What are you looking at?

The way I read Chris's posts, the cost of the frsu with the hardware and fitting was going to be significantly less than the cost of the catback system I was considering.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I'm gonna be honest Chris, I don't ever lower my cars. My ep3 is a superb stock ride height.
I don't want the car any lower than it already is.

Why are lowering springs advised?

Back
Top Bottom