Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Exactly, hence he's dreaming. That was also 4 months ago. It's worth £2500 if the bodywork is sound, it has good history and there are no outstanding mechanical issues. If it's not, I wouldn't pay more than £2000 for it.

Soldato
Exactly, hence he's dreaming. That was also 4 months ago. It's worth £2500 if the bodywork is sound, it has good history and there are no outstanding mechanical issues. If it's not, I wouldn't pay more than £2000 for it.

ah sorry - on re-reading your post I see you were agreeing with the other poster - sorry

Associate
I've looked through my texts and he said it's 56k so the mileage needs clearing up but what would a 02 plate with 56k miles go for?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
3.5k max IMHO. Facelifts are more desirable for most. An 04+ facelift will go for 4.5k+ for a sub 60k example.

As Chris said, his mint one went for 3300 so look to pay around that.

Man of Honour
OP
I've seen facelifts for sub £4k. The problem with EP3's is their desirability and popularity. There are a lot of examples that haven't been looked after so you have to be careful.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
High mileage ep3 facelifts can be had for 4k or less. If you want a good colour or one in great condition, then 4.5k is about the starting point. I saw a
Lot of pre facelifts with sub 60k for 3k-3.5k depends what you want really.

In my opinion, spending 3.5k or there abouts on a pre facelift is a little silly. When £500 more can get a facelift which would arguably be a better car.

Associate
Heres how my bay looks at the moment...

2012-02-29-011.jpg

Was heading down the Spoon theme route.

I first had plans to do everything i could suspension wise to it just like my old EK4 and turn it into a right track **** but i dont think i am now.

I just dont like the EP3's tbh. I need an EK with a K20 in my life now :)

Associate
What induction kit is that? Looks like Kevlar?

Its the Tegiwa one, the replica GruppeM one. yeah its in Kevlar. they started doing them in carbon and kevlar but i dont think you can buy the kevlar ones anymore. I only got this cause a close mate works there and had some inside info :D

Missing a sensor/bung from that intake pipe?

Yeah its just the water outlet pipe thats ment to be there. not majorly important. I just broke it when i was fitting the intake

I'm also missing my engine breather pipe but i just forgot to put that back on when i fitted the cam cover. not important also :D

Caporegime
Positive crankcase breather valves help lower crankcase pressure though. Probably worth connecting it back to the air inlet

Back
Top Bottom