Type R and VTEC owners

I wasn't laughing in ridicule or anything...stick whatever stickers you like on the car :)

The ATR is awesome, just getting a bit long in the tooth now, the number of genuinely good ones around now must be tiny.

I know. :)

Yeah they're awesome, great cars. Like I said it's hard to find a good one, and those still command a premium, a premium I'm not willing to pay for a quite old car now.

Well, it didn't take long for me to find a replacement car. It isn't a Type-R, or even a Type-S, but it does share the same 2.4L VTEC engine and all of the toys. I present to you my cheap luxo-barge:

2hhhsom.jpg

r8xmbs.jpg

Yep, it's a 2.4 executive with Nav & auto box.

My average mileage is less than 2k miles a year, a Diesel definitely doesn't make sense with that :) I bought it from a dude in Newbury, more of a metal-head than Asian and has previously owned DC2s, EP3s etc.

Lots of service history, paid £2000 for it.

:)

I think the alloys are standard, the colour isn't

There 'Muffin. Looks a good spec with Nav, but lolautobox. Still suits a 2.4.

Now it depends how much cheaper then £2k it is. :D

Good find Vita :D The nav system has never worked (I think the DVD loader is fudged) but the rest of the car is grand, I'm only looking at a Mini as my Dad has owned it from new and is giving me a good price for it.

I'm aiming to advertise it for between £1500 and £1800 for a quick sale. Its in the garage at the moment as the rear brakes are binding so it depends how much that costs to put right.

Good find Vita :D The nav system has never worked (I think the DVD loader is fudged) but the rest of the car is grand, I'm only looking at a Mini as my Dad has owned it from new and is giving me a good price for it.

I'm aiming to advertise it for between £1500 and £1800 for a quick sale. Its in the garage at the moment as the rear brakes are binding so it depends how much that costs to put right.

It'll go for that price. Just depends on what mileage is now. If it was a derv it may be more appealing, 2.4 just seems thirsty for 190bhp.

Hoping to be driving a Gen 7 2L Honda Accord Triptronic Sometime this week, its been in the family for 7 years, its covered over 103k miles, and the engine still feels tight, pulls strong..its just a very reliable, comfortable and fun car to drive.

Only things that needs doing (that the selfish old man cba to do) is fix the driver side window, and the Aircon sometimes works sometimes it doesn't, so i'll be getting that sorted before summer.

Insurance is around £450-70 for me.

Right guys,

Someone's offering me an EP3 in part exchange + cash on top for my FN2. It's a nighthawk black EP3, 51reg/2002 and has 89k on the clock. I believe I should be able to sell this car onwards for atleast £2500? Has Aircon aswell. Considering I sold an EP3 last week for £1900 with 140k and no aircon.?

I'm tempted to upgrade my ep3 prefacelift lights to HIDS - bi-xenon 5000k from HIDS4u. I presume there isn't any issues with them not being fully road legal/mot compliant providing setup correctly?

Don't bother. I sent mine back within a few hours.
No different to an eBay kit in terms of quality. The ballasts were massive and difficult to mount somewhere. Avoid.
Best thing I ever did was just buy regular bulbs and sack off HIDs

Don't bother. I sent mine back within a few hours.
No different to an eBay kit in terms of quality. The ballasts were massive and difficult to mount somewhere. Avoid.
Best thing I ever did was just buy regular bulbs and sack off HIDs

The regular/cheapest hids4u kit is not great quality but the superslim/ultimate kits are better than your average ebay kit.

Back
Top Bottom