Type R and VTEC owners

fmja.png

Sketch of the new Type R Conecpt. Doesn't look very ground breaking :p

Due to be revealed at Geneva Motorshow.

the new CTR has been heavily featured in the press and official honda videos during its testing. Im sure the final model will have some extra bits on it but as nath says, its not realistically going to be worlds apart from it.

Here

Here

Here

Price is still the biggest point for me. If it's close to 30k then they can sod off because I am not paying that for a Civic, the new STI is 28k iirc and that seems a 'lot more car', I do not see how they can really be near that.
Still, potentially it will be the first car I ever get from new so keeping an eye out. Despite the house savings my car money is totally separate.

I wish they would confirm if there is going to be a lesser and more realistic Type-S model but I suppose it wouldnt make sense to do that until after the Type-R is released

Anyone know what day the unveiling is at Geneva?

I predict around £25K for the new type R.

Geneva is in March sometime but I would imagine they will unveil it on the press day.

That would be an excellent and tempting price point. In the unlikely event it turns out to be a 'classic' it may not depreciate as fast as others either. That said, as I'll likely to want to make some minor mods I would probably be best off waiting a year or so for the parts to come out anyway.
I'm not in the market for a pure 'driver focused' car as I'm not really an enthusiast (hence FN2 lol lol lol). If it is quick and has a nice modern interior (I'm a sucker for modern interiors) then could be a winner for me personally, I'd imagine will be better MPG as well?

Really doubt it will look anything like that, the Japanese might get something tasty looking like that as they appreciate proper cars, Europeans will get a badge engineered, toned down generic tat judging by how the CTR's have gone down the generations.

If the rear lights look like that I like it.

It looks like a fatter version of the already overweight size 22 fatty fatty FN2.

Do not want, especially if it was £25k+.

More than happy I went for an M135i and have the DC2 as a weekend fun/track car (if the Teg doesn't rust down to dust over the next 12months) :D

M135i Coupe or the hatchback that looks like every other 1 series?

It doesn't matter how it looks as I won't be around long enough for anyone to see it :D

You should drive one, it's an incredible machine :)

Luxury Auto rocket for commuting in and a lovely DC2 or even the M135 to play with when the sun shines.

Last edited:
Realised my MOT ran out on the Type-S just as I had noticed the brakes had seriously fallen a long way from their normal performance. It's also due a major service.

Discs and pads all round - £500, £300 for the service and MOT. All at Honda. Ouch :(

It doesn't matter how it looks as I won't be around long enough for anyone to see it :D

You should drive one, it's an incredible machine :)

Luxury Auto rocket for commuting in and a lovely DC2 or even the M135 to play with when the sun shines.

I've been a passenger in the coupe and it was certainly a 'nice place to be' very comfortable and I'd imagine a great daily. It's an example of a car that I could have now but don't feel I'm ready to drive a 'grown ups' car and still get excited by yobbo Evo's etc.

I've been a passenger in the coupe and it was certainly a 'nice place to be' very comfortable and I'd imagine a great daily. It's an example of a car that I could have now but don't feel I'm ready to drive a 'grown ups' car and still get excited by yobbo Evo's etc.

It is grown up, but also completely ballistic when you push on and handles very well. Launch control is something I'm looking forward to playing with when it arrives, just so I can get to 60 in under 4.5secs for pub boasting stats :p

Would love a go in an Evo, but for me it's too much hassle to maintain and a PITA for commuting in traffic daily. What are you planning on next?

I still want a silly analogue car after the DC2, an M12 or Sagaris please :D

It is grown up, but also completely ballistic when you push on and handles very well. Launch control is something I'm looking forward to playing with when it arrives, just so I can get to 60 in under 4.5secs for pub boasting stats :p

Would love a go in an Evo, but for me it's too much hassle to maintain and a PITA for commuting in traffic daily. What are you planning on next?

I still want a silly analogue car after the DC2, an M12 or Sagaris please :D
Yeah I deffo got pushed back in my seat a few times, it isn't a slouch for sure!
Toying with a few things, despite moaning every time I fill up I'm still not interested in getting a car with good MPG (daily commute is 15 miles rounded). Evo X is my silly option as it has a 'normal' service schedule as opposed to all those before, has a nice interior with a few toys (like the Fosgate audio) and can be modded to be sillier. Hadr to find in white with manual though and they are usually 18k mark which may put me off depending on new R price.
My more sensible option is an FD2, I feel comfortable with Honda's now, I like the fact it's rare and doesn't have anything that can go badly wrong with it (like AYC pumps), and I'm now used to driving a high revver.
I do quite like the GT86 but not really looking to do a side step in power (I class the FD2 as a big enough step up) and I'd have to spend a lot of money fiddling with it to get it looking how I wanted.
370Z, again, performance looks brilliant but don't like it aesthetically.
Other than that it's a waiting game on the new Type-R. There is nothing else that interests me really, most the cars I like are all older ones.

What would people consider a fair price to pay for a decent S2000?

I currently have 3.5K saved up, and will not be buying till start of May probably so should have around 5-6k saved by then. Will that get me a decent one or will I need to save more realistically?

depends what you want. when I was looking...

decent pre 04 = £4-5k
decent 04-06 = £6.5k+
decent 06-08 = £8k+
decent 08+ = 10k+ regardless of spec

add a grand or so for GT spec

Back
Top Bottom