Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Me too, there are good cars out there owned by enthusiasts, just keep a look out and don't be overly picky on colour which helps. I didn't want Silver but this was by far the best car, owned for 3.5 years by a chap who was 37 when I bought it in Oct 11, oil changes every 6k, folder full of receipts and stuff. Pretty much immaculate :) I paid 5250 and it was on 62k when I had it, stuck 6k on it nearly, good car no issues at all :)

Soldato
Wouldn't have a accident repaired car. My first choice in colour will be the cosmic grey as you just don't see any in that colour around here, plus it suits the car best.

Not really interested in any other colour. Suppose black is ok, but quite a few of them around here. Couldn't have silver as i am not a fan of the colour on any car other than a Merc.

We will see. I still need to speak to my insurance and other insurers first. Will be cancelling mine and starting again else where once the ST as gone.

Soldato
Your search will take a while, Cosmic is a lovely colour but... you restrict yourself and you'll pass by loads of good cars just because of colour. Loads of dogs out there, not many gems!

You'll see what I mean :) But obviously I see your point, spending thousands you want the ideal car.

I am impatient though, wanted black or cosmic but this was by far the best car I looked at, it does look bland sometimes though but I'll do bits to add some colour.

Soldato
Ah i am very impatient lol. I cant do waiting :p

Been doing insurance quotes all night. Churchill are still by far the cheapest at £1500 (£1700 when doing monthly)

Anyone know if these do a discount if you are signed up to any certain clubs? Will ring them Monday and see if it is any better over the phone. Still trying to suss out how it would work cancelling with Adrianflux as i paid £600 deposit and £141 a month since October. Would i get any refund? My head really doesn't compute with it lol.

Soldato
Ah i am very impatient lol. I cant do waiting :p

Been doing insurance quotes all night. Churchill are still by far the cheapest at £1500 (£1700 when doing monthly)

Anyone know if these do a discount if you are signed up to any certain clubs? Will ring them Monday and see if it is any better over the phone. Still trying to suss out how it would work cancelling with Adrianflux as i paid £600 deposit and £141 a month since October. Would i get any refund? My head really doesn't compute with it lol.

Be suprised if you got anything back from Adrianflux... it normally takes 1 month + a standard fee of about £30.00 to cancel an insurance policy early.

£1500 on insurance was roughly what I paid for my ep3 when I bought it about 7 years ago. I'm happy to report it costs £400 a year now - getting old has its advantages!

The ep3 cost me about 11k when I bought it. Not sure I would want to fork out £1500 on something worth about £3000.

Last edited:
Soldato
So got my alloys done. Came out much darker than I thought :s What do you think?

20120301_171913-2.jpg

I prefer the original factory silver myself. Although having said that I don't like dark (black especially) wheels in general.

Soldato
I prefer the original factory silver myself. Although having said that I don't like dark (black especially) wheels in general.

So do I :( I'm quite peed off because it was the bodyshop who took them to rimtec. I asked for a normal refurb and they came back like that. it was only when I looked at pictures of what it used to look like that I realised how dark they are!

Do you think I'm entitled to ask them to do it again?

Caporegime
Forgot to mention I called rimtec direct and they said the bodyshop asked specifically for anthracite!

Take it up with the bodyshop and let them know that you know they specifically asked for that so the problems at their door, just be cool about it don't kick off. Did you only get the car back on Thurs-Fri?

Soldato
Take it up with the bodyshop and let them know that you know they specifically asked for that so the problems at their door, just be cool about it don't kick off. Did you only get the car back on Thurs-Fri?

Yep Thursday evening. I think ill pop down there tomorrow and try and get it sorted. Just means no car again! :( back to a KA

Soldato
Yep Thursday evening. I think ill pop down there tomorrow and try and get it sorted. Just means no car again! :( back to a KA

The 'refurb' has been done so I would imgaine all it would take is a removal of the anthracite paint and a respray - so shouldn't be as much work/cost as a true refurb?

Associate
Have you priced up what it would cost/benefit you to sell the alloys as newly refurbed and buy another set that need doing up and then getting them done yourself? Even a possibility to sell the rubber as well if you want a new/different set.

Back
Top Bottom