Type R and VTEC owners

Well that's fairy tales. :p When it first came out it was the quietest diesel around, you could barely hear it dag dagging, and they were nice and smooth, much better than most opposition back then. The VAG diesels still sound like tractors! Still wouldn't buy one though, diesels are yuck.

Not in the civic it's not - in the Accord, from inside the Cabin the engine is impressively quiet. In the civic it's always there, but as I said above it's comparable with the other tractors of the time.

Having owned one I would disagree tbh, to describe it as quiet is a leap I could never take.

Great car though, best of the modern diesel engines in terms of things to go/likely to go wrong

Muffin`can I have Your organs ??

Always liked speed bikes but if i ever had one i would not be around for sure.
Those things are for people that got enough brain to not push it over the limit.

Motorbikes don't interest me in the slightest.

I suppose a childhood of visiting my uncle in hospital after his latest crash did enough to deter me.

I've never been into bikes, still sort of aren't I just always wanted to learn to ride one and it's been fun to learn :)

I'm also not a speed freak :p

In other news, my bumper has finally arrived from Japan...............

So they wrote my EP3 off.

Been offered £2.6k. Told them to do one and revise the offer.

Hoping for 3k.

What do I replace it with? considering the dark side.. Civic 2.2 CDTi? As above, I've read it's terrible, but how terrible is terrible?:o I'd consider the 1.8 VTEC but the diesel is faster and more economical. I'm aware the petrol has less potential to throw up a huge bill though.

I should add I think at the ripe old age of 30 I cba with crashy suspension any more. I've owned an EK9, EP3, EE8, MB6. I just want something a bit more comfortable:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom