Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Has anyone here fitted or had fitted a supercharger to a FN2? Or is it a stupid idea..? Just looking for prices and the best company to ask etc thanks.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Sighhhhhh......

Are Churchill and Direct line the same company? £2100 at both companies after ringing them up...

Well we are planning on moving out to a bigger house this year, so hopefully I will get into a better insurance area. The ST is still going as I am fed up with the colour and paintwork.

Just stuck on what to do with a new car now.

In a nutshell, yes. As are Tesco. The paperwork is all very similar bar the branding.

Try more bespoke brokers like Greenlight, Flux, Brentcare, A-Plan, Sky Insurance, Chris Knott, Noel Dazely etc etc.

Soldato
Well I'm sort of a VTEC... ish. i-VTEC 1.3 Honda Insight ES. It's the VTEC with no "VTEC kicked in yo"...

Anyway - just wondering if the Honda Recalls website was working for anyone else? http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/youandyourcar/recallsandupdates/ I get an error message if I try to log in using my VIN and there are rumours doing the rounds that there might be a level 2 recall on the rubber roof strips.

Last edited:
Soldato
The TDI conversion is around 6k for a drive in drive out stock motor on low boost. Obviously Desi's car in that video is far more than that.

Soldato
6k... :(

Shame it aint like 1500, I'd ***** that kind of dosh on a turbo kit no problem lol.

What can be done for £1500 tuning wise to an EP3 or is it still kpro/exhaust/manifold/decat/posh induction kit money?

JediFragger - drove past you tonight by the Honda garage about half 8? Car looks awesome!

Soldato
i think i'll just dream about it for now.. :'( holidaying and stuff this year, so funds are pretty short atm.. might treat myself at xmas though :p

Soldato
They both do the same thing but in different ways.

A Turbo uses exhaust gasses to spin the turbine so you will not come on boost instantly until some pressure is built as you move up the rev range. Bigger turbo = more exhaust gasses required to come on boost = more lag.

A supercharger is mechanically attached to the engine. Usually to the crankshaft. This means boost pressure is building from the get-go.

A Turbo will be easier and generally cheaper to get BIG power out of but unless you are looking for 400-500+ you can achieve the same power outputs with a supercharger and I, personally, think the supercharger approach is more suited to the high revving VTEC lump.

You retain the VTEC characteristics and throttle response but just add power everywhere on the rev range.

When/If I come to FI my S2000 in the future I will almost definitely be looking at superchargers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom