Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Insurance renewed for 2012.

£370

Agreed value at £6k and this is all after they sent a letter saying the criteria had changed and u was no longer eligible for this type of policy. But one phone call and a nice chat swung that back the other way :D

Don
Nice

How do you get the agreed value? Also, how old are you again?

I'm toying with the idea of getting another car, so could use mine on classic insurance instead

Soldato
I'm 26 going on 19 :)

Sent a number of pictures including a selection from my complete suspension and underneath overhaul.

2nd year as a classic so will need a main car in 2013 to stick as a classic on the DC2 or will have to go back to normal insurers and £600 prices. Otherwise I'll lose all my accrued no claims.

Soldato
Greenlight got back to me today, though they ain't open? Anyway they cannot insure me on a Type R because I am not 25+, but have told me to try with a company called A-Plan. Will have a look at them tomorrow between work hours. Still need to ring Churchill and get a accurate quote. Not going to be to hopeful as I never get any good luck lol.

I will bite the bullet up to £1800 including interest. Silly but I really want to get in a Type R.

Man of Honour
OP
A-Plan are usually very competitive for me, usually Chris Knott, A-Plan, Flux/HIC, Brentacre and Sky :)

Yup these. Lifesure used to be good but not sure they cover hot hatches anymore? Also Elephant/Admiral can be cheap, especially if you put your mum as a names driver.

Soldato
Ah the mother has 6points, dads dead. My nana has a automatic licence and my girlfriend has a big claim against her.

So I am buggered when it comes to additional drivers lol.

Sent a quote off to A-Plan so they will get in touch with me later. Mind you, i am expecting a lot of phone calls after all quotes I have been doing.

Will let you all know how I get on... Hopefully good news!

Caporegime
BADGER! BADGER! ... OH ****!

IMG_0019.jpg

:rolleyes:

Bumpers not straight and I need some new bolts for my splitter. God they're like hit blocks of ice.

To top it off I did my back in Karting after a coming together, and this coming together made my eyes well up, for the cosmetic condition of the car of course, not my ability to deal with pain :o

Soldato
Muffin!!!!!

A UKDM driver would have avoided the badger and saved the car, we are better drivers hence focus more on the experience than looking JDM cool :p

A-plan were the most competitive out of normal insurers (non-classic).

Chris Knott won't touch you on a Teg. They are on itr-dc2.com and have a club discount, but it's only for over 30s......... :/

Brentacre are usually quite good, but A-plan had the better policy including ilke for like on mod value.

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL bledd, your Teg caught you dinner! did you just parkup and find it there? :p

Ad, I wasn't even in JDM-got-to-prove-a-point race mode, it was late and I just came over the brow and there they were herp derping trying to be some sort of Watership Down speed bump.

This.
hope you're ok dude, gonna cost much to put right?

I'm fine, just saw from Karting, the badgers only hurt my ego that I didn't react quick enough :D I doubt it'll cost much for the splitter, few bolts for a few quid. Get the bumper off in a few months when I re-seal and see the state of it and whats caused it to unseat itself.

Soldato
Ad, I wasn't even in JDM-got-to-prove-a-point race mode, it was late and I just came over the brow and there they were herp derping trying to be some sort of Watership Down speed bump.

Any time I say such things they are meant to be light hearted. Just part of the healthy UKDM/JDM banter :D

A complete PITA though, but I'm sure you can bodge it back togehter well enough for time being!

Caporegime
Thankfully, that wasn't mine, nicked the pic from the forum.

The only animal problem I have is the blooming spider that lives in my driver side wing mirror.

tonyp-crop.jpg

Any time I say such things they are meant to be light hearted. Just part of the healthy UKDM/JDM banter :D

A complete PITA though, but I'm sure you can bodge it back togehter well enough for time being!

Lol I know you are bro ;) I'm just playing to the music :p

I may or may not have used my Mondeo duc tape on it :eek::o

Soldato
Sighhhhhh......

Are Churchill and Direct line the same company? £2100 at both companies after ringing them up...

Well we are planning on moving out to a bigger house this year, so hopefully I will get into a better insurance area. The ST is still going as I am fed up with the colour and paintwork.

Just stuck on what to do with a new car now.

Back
Top Bottom