Type R and VTEC owners

Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim... Tim... What are you doing?

Don't down the price before even viewing. Pick at the slightest faults you can find. Pull out the cash and put it under his nose.

There's no point going to look at a 6k car when I've only got 5k:p

Civic 1600 down to 1200

Fiesta st 4400 down to 3600 (slight paint fade)

VXR 7600 down to 6700 (tyres and disks)

Mondeo 3600 down to 2900 (bumper sag 20p fix, scuffed alloys)

Easy stuff haggling! I just go view the car I like. Pick at anything and everything. Make some ******** up if I need to. Then put the money under there nose.

Sending them a text/call saying "would you take £5k mate" is not being serious. Go out and view, seller get excited that he is going to see a wad of cash, makes it easy work :p

sorry but how is a pfl 2003 s2000 worth six. thousand. pounds.

the only issue you have is that there isnt a lot of cars for sale this year. there was a thread on s2ki about it this week actually.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1079471-s2000s-for-sale-theres-not-many-this-year/

I think that seller has realised that the market is scarce, or he may just not be in a rush to sell.

i think 4500-5000 is about right for a car like that. 6k is mid market MY04 facelift money imho.

Sending them a text/call saying "would you take £5k mate" is not being serious. Go out and view, seller get excited that he is going to see a wad of cash, makes it easy work :p

Exactly this. I ignore these texts and emails now, I find it plain rude to offer less than asking price without viewing a car.

Fair enough. I guess since I drove to Exeter and didn't buy the car I went to look at I cba as much. I want to know where I stand prior to viewing.

I can't say I care much for your feelings. I want to buy your car, not make friends.

plus he's overpriced it, as mentioned above. If you're over pricing your car, be prepared to be upset.

Edit, wouldn't read too much into that ph thread, that's probably because ph used to be free to advertise. There's over 50 for sale on Auto Trader.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I guess since I drove to Exeter and didn't buy the car I went to look at I cba as much.

I can't say I care much for your feelings. I want to buy your car, not make friends.

Edit, plus he's overpriced it, as mentioned above. If you're over pricing your car, be prepared to be upset.

It's got your interest and you're several hours away. What it's worth is what someone pays for it, pretty sure the dealer will have done his homework on the market and the complete lack of well looked after standard S2000's around.

When I'm selling I completely ignore texts saying "will you take £x"

However if someone phones me beforehand, is say over an hour away and talks to me about the car before mentioning money plus isn't offering amounts way under what I'd be prepared to take I'll happily talk money with them first. The last two cars I've sold privately have been done this way.

Everyone has a price, to be honest though I wouldn't be knocking a grand off a 6k asking unless it had been on for say 6 weeks already, regardless of whether my price was higher than most others

Last edited:
So today this happened...

zorst.jpg

:D

It's a bit errr.. bassy.

I could have cleaned it up when it was off the car but I was too excited to fit it :)

Back
Top Bottom