Type R and VTEC owners

I reckon the 350z makes for a much more comfortable and better equipped daily driver, I'd say the s2000 is quite a bit more focused. They are often compared but the 350z seems more of a gt to me where as the s2000 is more hardcore. The s2000 interior is a lot more basic in design but the material quality seems better. As a daily I think the 350z would be far easier to live with however to me it is less special.

I wouldn't say either are underpowered. When driven properly they are capable of taking down bigger stuff with relative ease.

Straight lines are for fast cars.
Corners are for fast drivers.
And torque is hugely overrated.

Maybe on a track, on the roads pretty much useless. Torque is hardly overrated, it means you could actually pull away from people without having to get into silly speeds. I agree on track they can take bigger stuff, undeniable but I think as a daily driver I would prefer something faster in a straight line. I guess I'm slightly bitter because the FN was the first "quick" car I had and I just wish I'd gone for something at least 300bhp to start.

I liked how RJK's Civic sounded from the outside when I heard the car at a RR meet, think that'd be similar (B pipe and N1?) although I reckon it'd be a bit much if you did a lot of motorway driving.

The videos always make them sound like a bee in a biscuit tin, they do sound better 'in the metal', but then they do sound more like a racing car, loud and noisy but never especially tuneful. Maybe I am just expecting too much from a four pot in terms of exhaust sound?

Looked at getting an FD2 the other day. Saw the price. Laughed. Then looked at more sensibly priced cars.

£15k+ for a 7 year old Civic. **** off.

Looked at getting an FD2 the other day. Saw the price. Laughed. Then looked at more sensibly priced cars.

£15k+ for a 7 year old Civic. **** off.

Yeah but JDM or something. Interestingly, I know of two people who left Honda, went and got an Evo and the other a scooby and then both ended up back in an FD2. The justification for the Evo was the fun wasn't there to justify the price of running and the Scoob something similar.
Would you not buy a R34 GTR based on the age and price either given the funds?

Yeah but JDM or something. Interestingly, I know of two people who left Honda, went and got an Evo and the other a scooby and then both ended up back in an FD2. The justification for the Evo was the fun wasn't there to justify the price of running and the Scoob something similar.
Would you not buy a R34 GTR based on the age and price either given the funds?

I wouldn't want an R34 GTR.

Must admit, it was my absolute teenage car lust subject, that and t he Evo VI. Now I look at them and they just look old :( The GTR looks better but both very dated.
I always maintained that tastes don't change as you get older but they sure do. After driving a few AMG Mercs I would now love an auto, something I never considered before. Not a Diesel though, never gonna happen.

A lot of folk have gone from an Evo to a R3x GTR and then back again. They're not for everyone and from what I've read I don't think they'd be for me.

I love my Evo, one of the best cars I've owned. Only reason I'd go back to a Honda is if I wanted to save money.

I had one for six weeks, great car, but your EVO is better as was mine. The GTR's real advantage for me over the EVO was its engine sounded nicer and it was RWD until otherwise needed. But it was just old and running cost were insane, even when driving gently.

As a road car I've said this many times not much will live with an EVO especially if the road is particular bad as in bumpy or if weather conditions are poor etc. An EVO 9 or 10 running 400ish horsepower is a car that will embarrass most cars on the road. My 911 is only faster on roads that are particular smooth or not too bad and for the M3 well it needs a very smooth road and then it might be. The EVO, road conditions irrelevant, weather irrelevant, if you have the confidence to push them, they are very quick on road.

What do I prefer driving on the road? 911 every time, I can drive at 7/10th and feel amazing, or I can wind it up to 9/10th's and pretty much leave anything and still have great enjoyment, point being its a challenge whether I am going just kind of fast and plenty of fun or I can go silly quick and get a sweat on. Plus it sounds ten times better and the communication and feedback a Porsche gives is un-rivalled.

In the EVO I never felt challenged even when driving it at 10/10th's.

On the track different ball game altogether, my EVO would not stand a chance against the 911 even in the wet on track. Against the M3 on track well the M3 is even quicker again, but in the wet, EVO everytime on track, the M3 is poor in the wet, well it was, suspension and tyres now sorted, but my money still be on EVO.

Back
Top Bottom