Type R and VTEC owners

I recently got mine fitted too! (last week) Mine is paired with an un-silenced R8BYB b-pipe too.

IMG_20140418_201924_zpsac17a03a.jpg

Don't be wet. Spoon N1 is amazing.

Stupidly loud and horribly raspy is not amazing, it's crap. There are very few aftermarket exhausts that sound half decent for the EP3 (or most Civics come to that). Paying insane amounts of money for the Honda fanboy brand system does not mean it's going to sound good.

I'd have the Apexi Hayabusa. Best exhaust I had on any of my Type R's, but super rare. The T1R 63mm system on my DC5 was cracking as well.

I had a nice custom one but got bored of it after a month. Think I was embarrassed to be driving such a loud car. Plus it sounded amazing and people would turn their heads probably expecting to see something fast and then seeing a Honda.
Isn't the Tegiwa exhaust a direct copy of the Fujitsubo? To settle the FN2 v EP3 debate I think it's easy to say they are both underpowered relics of the past. One just suits bread deliveries better. Both fun though, untill you come up against anything with a bit of torque.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not rybo, been down south this weekend on non-car business:p 350z is definitely an option. No rear arch rust to worry about either from what I've read.

sorry but how is a pfl 2003 s2000 worth six. thousand. pounds.

I don't see how it's not worth that, since a decent w/2000 goes for 4.5k and 2002s 5.5k+. Maybe the market has changed since you got yours? How much was yours btw?

I had a nice custom one but got bored of it after a month. Think I was embarrassed to be driving such a loud car. Plus it sounded amazing and people would turn their heads probably expecting to see something fast and then seeing a Honda.
Isn't the Tegiwa exhaust a direct copy of the Fujitsubo? To settle the FN2 v EP3 debate I think it's easy to say they are both underpowered relics of the past. One just suits bread deliveries better. Both fun though, untill you come up against anything with a bit of torque.

I wouldn't say either are underpowered. When driven properly they are capable of taking down bigger stuff with relative ease.

Straight lines are for fast cars.
Corners are for fast drivers.
And torque is hugely overrated.

just like to say another quick thanks to Rich for taking me out for a spin in his sexy s2000 ;) that unicorn boost!!! :D

No problem at all. Nice to meet you man :)

Unfortunately not rybo, been down south this weekend on non-car business:p 350z is definitely an option. No rear arch rust to worry about either from what I've read.

I don't see how it's not worth that, since a decent w/2000 goes for 4.5k and 2002s 5.5k+. Maybe the market has changed since you got yours? How much was yours btw?

If you're worried about the cost of a clutch replacement in an S2000 then the price of one for a 350z will make your mind bleed.

£5k should get you a decent pfl. As I already pointed out, there are noticeably less for sale this year so people are trying their luck.

I looked at a car before I got mine that was having 6k asked for it. FL/GT 04 on 75k.

Ultimately I decided to up my budget to something I was truly happy with and spent 8.5k but the additions of Honda approved main dealer warranty and all that contributed to my decision.

I looked at 350zs as well, but it wasn't what I wanted and I know I wouldn't be looking over my shoulder every time I walked away from it.

I know buying mine in January would impact the value a little, but I can't see the difference being too drastic.

350z rear arch rust is there unfortunately. Come across a few that have it.

Think out of the 2 I would pick the 350z, though I would be happy with either. I'm just being too much of a pussy atm to change cars. (More because I know my car is mechanically sound)

Back
Top Bottom