Type R and VTEC owners

Getting bored of looking at S2000's now. They all have rusty rear arches.

rjkoneill - how much would you realistically be looking at knocking off this? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...1500/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new?logcode=p

That looks alright I would go and check it out and offer what you think its worth. Focus on things like the drivers side bolster wear. That's the only thing that stands out to me. The seats are a major bartering point as they are such an obvious thing to pick up on and not cheap or easy to fix.

I personally wouldn't pay more than £5k for a pfl.

If its what you want then don't give up on the idea. The right car will come along.

Gibbo I was hounding 911's at Spa and even keeping up with GT3's. :)

Driver not car mate, you were lapping around 3:05-3:15, my mate Mike in his 996 GT3 is doing 2:47 laps and Ray in his E46 M3 is doing 2:52 and both have only being twice, but in fairness Mike is just a loon and Ray is an excellent driver. One of the guys on PH in a 997 GT3 has done a 2:42, you were hounding them simply because they were taking it easy or were at their limits as a driver. A well driven GT3 is lapping a good 20 seconds faster than you were. :)

I'd have been below 3 minutes if my brakes were working as they should. :D

You've got epic brakes, excuse invalid. :p

Here is Shim in his M3 CSL on Michelin cups:-

Here is a 997 GT3 on Michelin SuperSports:-

As were in the Honda thread, a stock S2000, just upgraded brakes:-

See Chris even S2000 lapping faster than you. :p ;)

Will you be going again next May Chris? You'll be under 3m for sure with another visit. :D
As I want to do Spa badly so thinking of making sure I am on the trip next May with some of the M3 guys or if your planning a re-visit would come along with you, makes sense a few of us go just in case a car breaks or crashes. :)

Last edited:
Was going to say similar Gibbo. The Evo is fast no doubt but it is being driven is a very point and squirt way. The corners are pretty sedate in the video

You've got epic brakes, excuse invalid. :p

Will you be going again next May Chris? You'll be under 3m for sure with another visit. :D
As I want to do Spa badly so thinking of making sure I am on the trip next May with some of the M3 guys or if your planning a re-visit would come along with you, makes sense a few of us go just in case a car breaks or crashes. :)

I take it you didn't see my rear brakes? They were metal by the end of the day, so I had very little rear braking throughout the day. The pedal feel wasn't nice at all hence lift and coast and early braking a lot of the time.

1236485_10152127791808893_588203405_n.jpg

Which track day? I may be starting a new job so timings may be tricky.

Was going to say similar Gibbo. The Evo is fast no doubt but it is being driven is a very point and squirt way. The corners are pretty sedate in the video

That's probably my driving, I'm not very quick. :D

Last edited:
Chris

Who needs rear brakes. ;)
Its the weakness of a turbo car as you can't balance them on the throttle so easily throughout a corner, hence what Simon is getting at.

Well I really want to do Spa, won't be this year as I am away June in Far East so was thinking either later this year August/September time or next May.

As to track days I am at Donnington on 2nd of May. :)

Ah, misread. I can go next May, but will check with the usual bunch I go over with as it's a yearly affair. I'm tempted to go back again this year with decent brakes. :)

Yeah I know what you mean with throttle inputs. The car was understeering mid corner which I think can be cured with an uprated rear anti roll bar. It's not as easy as my old ATR to trail brake, well, it is, but it doesn't feel as planted doing so. The understeer could be cured with throttle but that would unsettle the rear end so it ended up being frustrating around the corners. :| I think with more practice and something stickier than the AD08R's I can get round but it certainly won't be as nimble as the cars you mention.

Ah, misread. I can go next May, but will check with the usual bunch I go over with as it's a yearly affair. I'm tempted to go back again this year with decent brakes. :)

Yeah I know what you mean with throttle inputs. The car was understeering mid corner which I think can be cured with an uprated rear anti roll bar. It's not as easy as my old ATR to trail brake, well, it is, but it doesn't feel as planted doing so. The understeer could be cured with throttle but that would unsettle the rear end so it ended up being frustrating around the corners. :| I think with more practice and something stickier than the AD08R's I can get round but it certainly won't be as nimble as the cars you mention.

Chris

To cure understeer:-
Stiffer rear arb - get an adjustable unit then you can play on the day to perfect the balance.
Increase rear ride height and then corner weight car.
Increase rear tyre pressures

The above are things to try, tyre pressures are easiest solution and fitting a rear arb and adjusting it is easy. Messing with ride heights is a lot more complicated and could cause other issues.

Tyre wise, you pretty much have the best, only Michelin cups or R888's are gonna give better dry grip in an Semi-R compound but it would be marginal over AD08-R's.

Ideally you want a spare cheap set of wheels with slicks, the difference is night and day and something I intend to do once Ive used my cups up. :)

P.S. Keep me informed on Spa and I will do same, group of guys I know tend to go in May as well.

No air bag champ? Don't want your face rearranging in a crash!

I got an S2000 btw. Black 52 plate with hard top, new clutch, 4.5k. Slightly higher mileage than I wanted at 113k though but I'm loving it so far. Pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Condition is excellent. Front bumper is marked and the alloys need refurbing but good for a 12 year old car. The hardtop rattles like **** though? Any ideas?

How do I go about refurbing the alloys with them being diamond cut? Powder coat? I want an OEM look.

I think it's rattling from behind me. I'll have a proper look tomorrow.

There's shims under the front latches that you can use to adjust the fitting, you can also adjust it from the middle where it fits into the pin holes I think. Sometimes it just needs a refit to settle it. Oh, also I find it better to do the front latches first then rear ones when fitting it.

Back
Top Bottom