Type R and VTEC owners

Muffin, 20w50?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

It's done 200 miles so changing to more Mineral Oil and clean filter and that's all I could get hold of (Had 15w-40 in initially iirc). Think honda spec is A3/A4? But it matched as far as I could see.

Magnetic sump pulg did its job, it was caked in metal :D

good people of OcUK.

CR Spoiler - Thoughts?

6865853224_721d52baa7_b.jpg

6865868566_cd4be3ecbc_b.jpg

5874669330_a7a600d537_z_zps747b7ef6.jpg

rioyellows2000crb.jpg

Looks too OEM to give decent aero.

Have you got some Ali and a rivot gun?

I like it, even with out the CR front bumper it seems to work with the hardtop. Not sure on how it will look with roof down though?

thats the thing really. I want a BGW, but I think an aftermarket GT wing would only work with a wide body kit/.big wheels and performance to back up the look.

Been reading up and everyone who has fitted one aftermarket has said that it only seems to have an effect at 50mph+ although I would be doing it largely for aesthetics.

I actually prefer my lip to the CR lip. I think the CR version looks a little too blocky if that makes any sense.

I dont really want to do that, would prefer something that looks OEM but is unsubtle enough to make the car look a bit more unique.

cant see anyone in the UK running them either, so it would be a bit more exclusive.

Last edited:
Yeah i agree on the CR front bumper.

I like the OEM style ones, you can get them from 'BMWChop' on ebay for about £60 delivered already painted which have been getting great reviews on s2ki. They look great on the facelift S2000s too, especially roof down

8752_10152259691875072_1908574568_n.jpg

This fools running a honda, two thousand:cool:

IMG_20140423_181544_zps6rnovl8w.jpg

As you can see, there's a scuff on the drivers side front bumper. The alloys, although immaculate, are a greyey blue which I'm not keen on. Falken ZE914 all round on it which if the 912 is anything to go by is a budget tyre:(

Loving it though:D

Last edited:
alloy refurb to the standard colour, bumper scuff fix and a set of RE002 should come in at under £500.

does it have any info on recent alignment work tim?

paint looks to be in good nick from that picture. seems you've landed on a decent deal though.

bumper scuff and tyres are waiting. there's a tiny hint of rust on the rear arches where it meets the rear bumper that I want to nip in the bud before it gets worse, although I guess it's not going to get any worse throughout the summer.

The book of receipts is an inch thick so I've not noticed any alignment work yet:p

EML is on due to no cat. I think I might just put the cat back on rather than sourcing a different de-cat.

Airbox lid is going back on as I'm fairly certain I've got some heat soak going on:p

bumper scuff and tyres are waiting. there's a tiny hint of rust on the rear arches where it meets the rear bumper that I want to nip in the bud before it gets worse, although I guess it's not going to get any worse throughout the summer.

The book of receipts is an inch thick so I've not noticed any alignment work yet:p

EML is on due to no cat. I think I might just put the cat back on rather than sourcing a different de-cat.

Airbox lid is going back on as I'm fairly certain I've got some heat soak going on:p

You can just buy a spacer for the O2 sensor rather than another de-cat. They're about £15 I think.

Is it the standard exhaust?

there's a tiny hint of rust on the rear arches where it meets the rear bumper that I want to nip in the bud before it gets worse

good shout.

I had my airbox lid off for a day. didnt like the sound. i have cut out all of the dividers on my airbox though and it sounds nice so am just leaving it as it is.

You can just buy a spacer for the O2 sensor rather than another de-cat. They're about £15 I think.

yeah, just get a spacer. may as well try it, if not then put the cat back on and get yourself 60 odd quid for the decat pipe.

CR Spoiler update.

The USA has spoilers available in Apex Blue, Rio Yellow, Berlina Black and Grand Prix White. So I have spoken to some JDM importers about the same spoiler but from the JDM S2000 Type S which has a few more colours available.

Injection Imports have quoted me a spoiler, in moonrock grey for around £750 landed.

That includes: painted wing, 2 uprights, 4 upright surrounds, fitting hardware, springs for the boot and the rubber stoppers to stop the boot slamming.

this is around £300 less than importing myself from the states and doesn't need repainting either.

Looks like the Big Gay Wing is happening then. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom