Type R and VTEC owners

Replacement front and rear lip sorted for the '5! Front bumper will be getting ordered for a brand new one, so really just need to find the passenger side skirt, passenger door and rear bumper and then everything will be replaced!

There's a pic or two of the car in it's normal state, but not posting any of the damage pictures up until I've started putting everything back together again!

Damage looks a lot worse than it is, but will make for a good rebuild log!

Any of the FN2 owners here fitted eibachs? I've a possible snapped spring on the front (need to check next weekend) and rather than replacing the 2 fronts with standard springs I'm half thinking about the likes of the pro kit.

Not really fussed about it giving any drop, more interested in any slight ride improvements (logic says they should be worse but in reality I've found an improvement on previous cars). If there's nothing to be had I'll probably just replace the front 2

PS i'm not looking for some glorious transformation, would just be a bonus if there was a little less crash over bumps

Last edited:
Do it!
I've got the -15mm kit on, the ride is so so much better for it. Unfortunately it makes the wheels look a little funny in the arches, so most people end up fitting wheel spacers. Check out civinfo, there are lots of threads on there showing how it'll look.

Yeah I'll get the spacers and bolts etc if I go with them.

the -15mm is probably what I'd end up picking up as I don't really care about getting any actual drop (have seen the civinfo pics etc), plus the speedbumps coming into the house are horrid as it is.

Only reason I'm checking on here is, whilst civinfo is great for info and picking up parts etc the general taste level can be....questionable...

I've got the -15mm Eibach Pro springs as well on the FN2 on 18's. Ride much better, but you will probably find particularly at the front you scrape curbs , driveways , occasionally turns into side roads etc

I park on street ( its a hill ) and have to park slightly on the pavement, cant get it on the pavement since fitting the -15mm going forwards due to scraping, have to reverse in. Plus have scraped the front a few times in parking spaces where the splitter would have just cleared the curb at the front before. Have got the GP kit on so maybe it makes it slightly worse for scraping, dont know.

Had new tyres last week and the fitters had a bit of trouble backing it off the ramp as it wanted to scrape the underside in the middle.

Dont know how people cope with the -30mm springs !

Another vote for Eibach's. You may have seen pics of my car on here. I've got the 19" Rage alloys on my car but I've also got the 15mm Eibach Pro kit fitted to my car. The ride is so so so much better than stock springs. It removes the crashiness completely and thats with my 19's so it'll be even better with 18" alloys :)

Simon, remind me what oil you use in your S2000.
I'm considering getting one of those oil vacuum things and doing frequent interim changes, with the oil filter being so easy to get to? Bad idea?

I'm amazed at how tough they seem to be.

I know someone who hit a hedge and then span into multiple hedges at well over 60 mph in theirs, both front wheels came off but inside the cabin it looked completely fine.

The road/scenery looked like there'd been a pile up

Back
Top Bottom