Type R and VTEC owners

Soul.Survivor ye i do like Big wing style and spoilers on cars.
That car looks like Tuner car at stock love that :D Who wants to drive boring looking car ?? Just look at standard 9g civic.... Looks borring.

Hey! I have a 2007 Type R GT in NHB.

Few questions:

1. Has anyone used Chipex? I have a few chips and small scratches than need touching up.

2. Just had a service done last week. One of the things was corroded rear Discs and worn pads. Anyone have any suggestion on Discs and pads? I know I could get the Honda OEMs but thought I'd see if I could find a decent alternative.

Few questions:

1. Has anyone used Chipex? I have a few chips and small scratches than need touching up.

2. Just had a service done last week. One of the things was corroded rear Discs and worn pads. Anyone have any suggestion on Discs and pads? I know I could get the Honda OEMs but thought I'd see if I could find a decent alternative.

www.brakesinternational.co.uk disks are decent for the price.

Few questions:

If OEM is cheaper I'd stick with them for the rears. They don't really do that much braking. Think they've been marked at 5% worn on mine for the last 3 years.

Few questions:

I've used Dr ColorChip which looks like a very similar system.

Its ok. Not a great color match on Milano Red and wont fill deep chips.

But it does a very good job of masking the smaller chips. My 2008 FN2 was absolutely covered in them, hundreds of the little sods on the front bumper / bonnet and being white primer they really stand out.
Because you spread over them and wipe off the excess after a few mins, it gives a good flat finish. If you look closely you can still see the chips particularly the larger ones, but generally it looks loads better , mainly because they are at least a red color.

Ultimately i need a bonnet respray, but this will get me by for a while longer.

Have used it on a few longer lighter scratches that wouldnt polish out, again noticeable close up, but you wouldn't see them without looking.

Hmm that's interesting - I need a bumper/bonnet/wing respray as there are hundreds of the little buggers all over but I wonder if it's worth getting some of this - should work relatively well on deep bronze pearl.

I highly recommend a clutch system fluid change if you haven't done one in years or have no idea when it was done.

The old stuff (5-10yrs old at a guess) was a horrible brown and very silty. Changed the Clutch Slave cylinder which cured the chirping noise when clutch pedal was all the way up (ball of Slave Cylinder dry and a little corroded rubbing in the ball seat) and fitted the HEL braided line to replace the older rubber hose. Replaced fluid with some ATE Super Blue, bled then enjoyed the best feeling clutch I've ever felt. Wish I'd done this 2 years ago!

Transmission fluid tonight to complete the gearbox loving :D

Hows the insurance claim/repair going Ad?

Hey.

Should be picking up in the next few days. Hoping it's perfect and I can accept it there and then. Will specify it needs to be indoors and dry ;)

Currently lightweighting the Teg by removing more rust :(:D

Last edited:
Hopefully, absolute pain in the ass dealing with that stuff. Rust is part of the older Honda character, leave it on :cool:

Haha, some of the liquified rust actually ran down the front after it rained with the Deox Gel on. Need to get that, the dirt, pollen and 20 bird****s cleaned off as she's looking derelict!

Looks ok from the pictures, not much in the guys history on the OC only this: http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=107066&p=1097129#p1097129

That's top money he's asking.

Too much money!

It looks in nice nick, but rust coming through means it's got the bug. If you ever consider a UKDM then you need to have the seller take the rear interior plastics out so you can see down into he arch and look out for the dreaded rust.

For a car of this cost I'd also have expected a full suspension refresh inc dampers, all he's had done is some lowering springs and RTA bushes. The other bushes will be pretty much monged and he doesn't even mention when the geometry was last done.

For example, my car doens't have bodywork in as good as nick as this but I'd ask for £3.5k. But I've had cambelt+bits, engine mounts, gearbox rebuilt with new clutch and 3.4kg flywheel, a full £2k suspension overhaul (all bushes, SPC camber arms, Meister R coilovers) and have overhauled and upgraded the brakes.

You should buy on condition not mileage, but that one is at least £500 too much and you'd be worth waiting for the right one with the suspension work already done. It's at least £1-1.5k for a decent garage to supply and fit just the bushes, doing it yourself will save a lot, but will take a lot of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom