Type R and VTEC owners

Had a go in an Fn2 today. I really like the interior compared to the EP3. Ep3 just seems much more sharper in the handling department? It seems more agile to throw about, but the fn2 seems more planted. It didn't have an LSD but I am told after 2010 they do.

probably just less shagged than the ep3 example

Cheers Simon. Currently have RE050 MZ on the rear and I think normal ones one the front, well, I can't spot the MZ marking.

Just been up the Forest of Dean - it's lol worthy how fun it is. Back end started stepping out on a sweeping bend, but it was lovely and progressive and a simple flick of the wheel and I was straight again. Really enjoying it.

The RE050MZ are ok. Wouldn't say they are highly recommended. Infact many prefer the RE050A.

What is on it at the moment sorry, I may have missed that

Edit I see you have the MZs already. I'm surprised you find the back stepping out, is this low speed? Get used the rear steering although I think the 06 is pretty safe/soft anyway. Also clutch delay valve is probably worth removing.

Oh and welcome to a car where Bhp doesn't matter. :D

Last edited:
Picked this up today;

14321780754_ee2d943909_c.jpg

Chris - I had Potenza RE050AZ's on my MY00 S2000. Used it on track many times.

They were brilliant in warm weather, especially when you got some temperature into them, and were very progressive when they got too hot, reminding you to pit ! Usually they would go spongy about a lap before the brakes got too hot.

In wet weather though... actually, just the mist from your breath on the tarmac, it was like driving on ice, with slicks, and someone pumping oil on for good measure.

What is this valve?

Clutch delay valve. Do some gear changes quick at high rpm. You will notice it. It let's the clutch back in slowly. It feels crap. Especially if you've come from a Honda gearbox without one.

I still need to sort mine out. Its pretty much my only gripe with the car.

Last edited:
Clutch delay valve. Do some gear changes quick at high rpm. You will notice it. It let's the clutch back in slowly. It feels crap. Especially if you've come from a Honda gearbox without one.

I still need to sort mine out. Its pretty much my only gripe with the car.

Can't say I've noticed it, maybe something's broken. :)

Yeah, this has replaced it

Interesting. What made you change?

Can't say I've noticed it, maybe something's broken. :)

Could already have been removed maybe?

I always notice mine, top end of third changing on the limiter. Depends how quick you change gear really. If you don't notice it then its not going to be a frustration to you so you may as well leave it in.

I've only really driven it hard today, and for the most part I was in 3rd, most gear changes were 1 > 2 > 3 - didn't really go into 4th much in anger.

Maybe I'll notice it, will have to see I guess.

Interesting. What made you change?

Wanted something cheaper, but still wanted a hot hatch.

We test drove FN2's when before we got the Megane, just we decided on the Megane cause I loved the shove in the back you got from the turbo.

So when looking for something cheaper we looked at a few things, and it was either go with something more sensible, like an A3, or go with a Civic. The Civic won!

Engine in the Civic sounds much better than the Megane did, and also seems better to thrash down country roads, the Megane was great, but also too good, as it felt you didn't need to try to make it go very fast down back roads.

Had a drive out to Castleton today. Awesome roads! New plain plates fitted too. No GB or border crap.

IMG_20140601_141823_zpsyxki38w9.jpg

edit: need to sort the rear fog before mot. The bracket rusted away:o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom