Type R and VTEC owners

Type R Owners. The one ran by Chris.

CTRO is full of cretins. You will achieve nothing there.

Alternatively, pistonheads.

IMG_20140603_192348.jpg

Dixcel SD discs arrived. Paired with a brand new set of DS2500, RBF600 and Hel braided lines it should be a fairly good brake setup. Going to paint the calipers black/silver too as they are a bit tatty.

That should sort the major gripe I have with the car. The poor brakes were immediately noticeable after the EP3 had uprated parts so hopefully a full brake overhaul should be a worthy addition.

Last edited:
IMG_20140603_192348.jpg

Dixcel SD discs arrived. Paired with a brand new set of DS2500, RBF600 and Hel braided lines it should be a fairly good brake setup. Going to paint the calipers black/silver too as they are a bit tatty.

That should sort the major gripe I have with the car. The poor brakes were immediately noticeable after the EP3 had uprated parts so hopefully a full brake overhaul should be a worthy addition.

Nice. If a little overkill for the road considering the cost but very well rated by the track day regulars including MB who races his

I'm surprised you find them 'poor'. Sure they aren't sharp like my FN3 but they are progressive and when you need them they work. Although not sure what pads etc you have and also watch out for seized/slow calipers. They make a big different to how the brakes feel

The best mod for pedal feel is the master cylinder brace, makes a huge difference.

FWIW I run Ebc yellows, £65 a pair brakes international disks, braided hoses and Castrol SRF.

I fitted a new battery to mine last night. Honda OEM and it seems to start instantly

I was all set to buy the PD discs, the ones that are essentially an OEM equivalent but with better corrosion resistance but Burn Motorsport [Spoon/Dixcel in the UK] didnt have them in stock. The SD variant was around £100 more expensive so I took the chance based on the promises of improved performance and as you say, having seen MB using them on his race car.

I went for the SD as they will no doubt offer slightly better performance over a stock disc, will benefit me on the odd track day I plan to do and also they look cool.

My EP3 had ds2500/Hel lines and RBF600 using a stock disc. It was a decent setup and something that I missed when I got my S2000. I think perhaps 'poor' was the wrong word to use. I agree that progressive brakes that were present on my current and last car, feel much better than the overly sensitive systems on newer cars, but it was more about the bite.

I kind of ignored the master cylinder brace option for this car as a lot of EP3 owners branded it as a snake oil product when I had that car.
I suppose for the cost of one, It may be worth giving it a shot.

My car has a full Honda service history and has honda pads and discs on it currently. hopefully, freshening everything up will be a great addition to the car and allow me to tick it off the list and instead focus on suspension alterations.

Sounds good, also the cylinder brace works well on the S2000.

Look at getting a front lower cross brace too - tightens it up nicely

front calliper seized again today :(

rebuild kit = £33
refurbished unit = £59 with a £15 refund on receipt of old unit.

CBA with it, just ordered some fresh front units to install when I get my brakes done.
at least I will have a full fresh brake system now. [and an empty wallet]

grabbed a brake stopper too.

Back
Top Bottom