Type R and VTEC owners

I just want mine doing to refresh the look of it. It has that 'taxi driver gloss' look currently.

After taking Simons advice I grabbed a brake stopper and installed it just.

Obviously not driven the car as the caliper is seized and I would rather wait to see what its like all together with the pads/fluid/lines/discs/refurbed calipers.

The colour scheme looks absolute ass though so I think I may whip it back off and paint it black or something.

IMG_20140605_201937.jpg

30 odd quid from Stoke on Trent's finest non genuine part supplier.

Pretty sceptical about it in honesty so I didn't want to drop a lot on it.

One of the s2ki guys 'lower' made a load a few years ago on a group buy.

Seems odd to comment your skeptical after buying one, fitting it but not trying it. You not going to know its effect if you wait for everything else. It's almost like you don't believe me :p my workmate was amazed at the difference his made. You can see the bulkhead flex when you press the pedal without one !

I suppose its due to the large amount of naysayers re: the EP3 version.

I'm not happy with the colour of it tbh. It looks stupid in the engine bay. Gonna take it off this weekend and paint it then refit it once I've driven on the new brakes for a few days.

Brake brace was worth the 30quid for me, it is a bit gash in blue though.

Just ordered some Swift springs for mine, they're 'supposed' to be one of the better sets. Hopefully getting geo and compliance bush sorted fairly soon..

The Cusco one is about £60 looking at Nengun Chris. Perhaps try injection imports on S2Ki. I normally email him and he gets back very quickly. Chances are he will be able to do you a good price on one.

I wasn't particularly keen on spending money with them but for the sake of trying something out, I thought I would give theirs a go.

The quality of the tegiwa one is utter garbage though. Crap paint slapped all over it and in the thread meaning I had to tap the hole again to fit the stopper. No instructions. Didn't expect anything less than utter shoddyness tbh.

I know its only two bits of metal and a few nuts and bolts but it is as far from being a quality product as you can get tbh

I'll have bloody Rotas and a Seibon bonnet next week at this rate.

One of the s2ki guys 'lower' made a load a few years ago on a group buy.

Seems odd to comment your skeptical after buying one, fitting it but not trying it. You not going to know its effect if you wait for everything else. It's almost like you don't believe me :p my workmate was amazed at the difference his made. You can see the bulkhead flex when you press the pedal without one !

I had one of the lower ones on my S2K.

It made a huge difference, like, I can't even explain by how much.

I found the best combination was RBF600 fluid, Honda Pads and Discs, and that master cylinder brace.

DS2500 pads were absolute rubbish. I had DBA4000 discs at one point (the two were considered the best combo at the time, Dixcel brakes hadn't really come forward with their FCR discs) and it was nothing less than a total waste of money.

If you want a brake upgrade, get a brake cooling kit. There was a thread ages (like 2009) for a guy who'd made one for his S2000 in Malaysia. He did something like 7 hot laps of Sepang, and still didn't have fade. Ultimately it was just a bit of piping, and cutting out the brake ducts at the front.

Hi all, hoping you can help me in my search for a day to day car. Im looking at a 06 onwards Civic, Auto with about 5K to spend. Is there anything i should be looking out for when viewing these civics? thanks

Just make sure it's got a complete history and hold out for the absolute best example you can as they're not a particularly rare car.

It would be a good idea to try the auto out as it's not a conventional slush box and you may or may not get on with it.

Just make sure it's got a complete history and hold out for the absolute best example you can as they're not a particularly rare car.

It would be a good idea to try the auto out as it's not a conventional slush box and you may or may not get on with it.

Thanks for the advice - yes will have to test drive it for sure - i feel that bluetooth is a must - is the EX level trim the one to go for? what is the sat nav like?

Thanks for the advice - yes will have to test drive it for sure - i feel that bluetooth is a must - is the EX level trim the one to go for? what is the sat nav like?

EX or higher would be ideal - be aware that as standard the mic isn't great for hands free calling but you can move it / pack the space a little bit and improve it without much effort.

You won't get bluetooth streaming with it either - another thing to be aware of.

The actual Nav unit is fairly old fashioned now but it works fine and imo makes the whole dash look much better so you're as well to have it. You can easily update the maps too plus it gives more information on music etc than you get without it.

Can also add a reversing camera for about £20 if you have the nav model which helps with judging the daft rear end

IMG_20140606_111856.jpg

New callipers arrived.

got them here

I know everyone recommends Brake Parts int, but they were £100 for each calliper with a £35 refundable charge per caliper on the return of the old unit. Plus £8 P&P

carfactorsuk were £59.99 per calliper. Free P&P. £15 refund on return of each old unit and 2 Year Guarantee.

Worth checking out if you need replacement units.

Back
Top Bottom