Type R and VTEC owners

Lol muffin.

I realised I had spent around £700 on brakes so another £100 to refresh the main part of the brake was justifiable.

Let me know how you get on with the brakes.

New MZ rears fitted today, new headunit ordered and the lead for the dash controls. Also getting my steering wheel refurb'd.

front calliper seized again today :(

rebuild kit = £33
refurbished unit = £59 with a £15 refund on receipt of old unit.

CBA with it, just ordered some fresh front units to install when I get my brakes done.
at least I will have a full fresh brake system now. [and an empty wallet]

grabbed a brake stopper too.
Seized caliper is why your brakes feel crap.

Think you and Chris have spent more than me already :D . Those refurb steering wheels look awesome.

Very tempted by a steering wheel, I meant to get my ep3 wheel done but never bothered in the end.
What style have you gone for Chris?

Just black with black sticking, standard thickness. Waiting time of 5 weeks though, but I don't have to pay till it's ready which I guess is a small consolation.

I have a small leak on the passenger side, right at the top front part of the passenger window. Any idea what I can do to fix this? All the rubber seal looks good, but still getting a few drops of rain water through.

Clearing through my garage of old Evo parts has so far raised around £500, and I have a set of Bilstein coilovers and some exhaust bits yet to sell!

Last edited:
Get used to leaks when it rains for a long time.

You can try Shin-Etsu grease which helps expand the seals, but often the problem is people closing the doors by pushing on the windows which mis-aligns the window resulting in it not clamping the rubber seals correctly

There's a "definitive leaking roof" thread over on S2KI with loads of pictures of common leak points etc. Most common leak appears to be water coming in through the seals where they join in the middle. It seams to come from towards the front though and moves down when you move forward.

So peeps, I'm looking around for some disc brakes. I think I mentioned this a few pages back But i cant find it.

I'm a complete novice at this so bare with me.

These: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/brake-discs/car/honda/civic-06-on-type-r/ebc-brakes-ultimax-slotted-performance-brake-discs-front-pair

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/brake-discs/car/honda/civic-06-on-type-r/ebc-brakes-ultimax-slotted-performance-brake-discs-rear-pair-solid-260mm-x-9mm

I have the standard Type R Calipers. Would I be able to fit the EBC Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads?

I have the 2007 FN2 Type R

I've never been anything other than disappointed with EBC pads for the money - far too dusty and outside of Yellow stuff not brilliant for stopping power.

For the money I'd go with DS2500 and tbh I'd probably stick to an oem or equivalent disc too

I've used them with lots of other OEM discs and never had an issue but not with Honda I don't think.

Seems unusual that it'd be a problem outside of track usage?

wtf Chris, steering wheel refurb and a leak? Isn't yours an 06?

Haven't had any leaks on mine and the steering wheel is mint.

Not spent a penny on mine other than a Berk HFC but I'll get most of that back selling the de-cat and old cat.

wtf Chris, steering wheel refurb and a leak? Isn't yours an 06?

Haven't had any leaks on mine and the steering wheel is mint.

Not spent a penny on mine other than a Berk HFC but I'll get most of that back selling the de-cat and old cat.

Not sure why the 'wtf' is needed.

The previous owner is a married woman, and as such wore a wedding ring which has marked the wheel and gear knob. No biggie? As for the roof, I'm talking about a drip or two now and again.

Glad to hear about your mint steering wheel though. :p

Back
Top Bottom