Type R and VTEC owners

I found DS2500s were fine from cold, so long as you bedded them in properly. They feel pretty wooden and didnt bite well if you didnt follow the instructions (which are quite specific and encourage you to build temperature very gradually with a succession of progressively harder stops, rather than hammering them straight away and getting them very hot as quickly as possible, which is some peoples idea of bedding in brakes!).

So you would be happy with a ford dealership repairing a Honda gearbox.
OK.

I told them about the problem and they said they would look into it for me and service/MOT it for next saturday when im due to pick the car up, and if im not happy and the gear box is still doing it I can have my £200 deposit back and walk away, so I have until saturday I am going to email them though and request the gearbox fluid is flushed and replaced with oem honda stuff, as it "may" help sort the problem, any one know what brand etc honda use so I can request it?

Look into it means they will do nothing.

I just don't understand why you would buy a car with a clear fault. Yes it's common but its not like it us s fault that has developed on s car you already own and can be sorted if the box is ever off for anything else - it's already existing and highly unlikely ford will fork out 400 (possibly much more for a first and second set) quid plus labour for the synchros when someone else will just buy the car as it stands

I also wouldn't want ford touching it in terms of servicing

Last edited:
I told them about the problem and they said they would look into it for me and service/MOT it for next saturday when im due to pick the car up, and if im not happy and the gear box is still doing it I can have my £200 deposit back and walk away, so I have until saturday I am going to email them though and request the gearbox fluid is flushed and replaced with oem honda stuff, as it "may" help sort the problem, any one know what brand etc honda use so I can request it?

Honda MTF. I'm fairly certain a ford garage won't have that to hand and won't bother sourcing it for you.

RE:ds2500
They feel exactly the same as OEM from cold. Its when they get up to temperature that they feel better. They were great on my civic. I wouldn't put an EBC product on my car ever again.

Honda MTF. I'm fairly certain a ford garage won't have that to hand and won't bother sourcing it for you.

RE:ds2500
They feel exactly the same as OEM from cold. Its when they get up to temperature that they feel better. They were great on my civic. I wouldn't put an EBC product on my car ever again.

Thanks, will have a word with them and see what they say

I must have screwed up bedding them in then. They were frighteningly bad when cold - the OEM pads I had worn down to the backing material genuinely had more bite - and I would never use them again.

Lots of pics of fitting it you haven't already fitted it and yours in an 06+ :D

Need to make a trip to my parents to grab my old headunit and get it fitted.
You got the lead for the car controls?

Yeah I've got all the cables, about to go and fit it all now.

Also is 28mpg normal for the F20? Sat on the motorway at 80 and a fair bit of hooning around.

Pretty sure I could get 35mpg if sat at 70 and no VTEC.

I must have screwed up bedding them in then. They were frighteningly bad when cold - the OEM pads I had worn down to the backing material genuinely had more bite - and I would never use them again.

As already mentioned, the DS2500 were/are a bit of a hybrid between fast road and track use brakes, so they take some heat and bedding in before they're working at their optimum. And when they are up to temperature, they have immense stopping power - at least that's what I've experienced so far on my DC5 with standard discs!

Also is 28mpg normal for the F20? Sat on the motorway at 80 and a fair bit of hooning around.

Ask that question on S2KI :D

Simon will explain why :o :p

I have no idea what the MPG was, but I think I once got over 300 miles from a tank.

Was usually somewhere between 180 and 220 miles.

Fitted my head unit today. I'm a bit annoyed with Halfords as they told me they ordered in all the cables I'd need, but I'm missing a PC99KEN - this basically connects onto the stalk loom which I have and allows it to control the unit from the right of the wheel. No biggie, I've just ordered one so I'll get it fitted once it arrives.

I went for the Kenwood BT73DAB, this gives me two USB ports, iPod compatibility, Bluetooth integrated, DAB (antenna included) and the usual radio/CD. I paid £180 for it from Caraudiosecurity and about £30 in total for all the leads.

I didn't bother drilling any holes, I had intended to put it in the glove box but that meant drilling and a lot of cable routing. So I opted for the console next to the hand break. With Des's help, we managed to get the iPod cable squeezed into there and fed it up to the unit. Very happy with the unit, voice quality is good, it searches the iPod fast and the SQ is much improved.

gUBGhvD.jpg

YHiX7G5.jpg

YYkB98u.jpg

HZZg2Zp.jpg

Jo0pxkw.jpg

rBXo1FW.jpg

mZhj5rX.jpg

ZSSzhYt.jpg

Looks really tidy. In my MY00 S2K which has a different setup around the gearbox for storage I ran the iPod lead to the back of the seats, and slid an iPod in the back of the seat pocket.

Will be interested to know what signal you get. I've just started a job down in Swindon & Newbury, and the signal is, well non existent as soon as I get past Nettleton Bottom on the A417 down towards Swindon.

What if you compare them fairly ?

You'll get low 30s on a run. They aren't great in motorway and lack ivtec. My lifetime avg is about 27mpg.

What if you compare them fairly ?

You'll get low 30s on a run. They aren't great in motorway and lack ivtec. My lifetime avg is about 27mpg.

i had a evo and s2000, i can't remember the mpg (never cared) but do remember how many miles per tank

s2000 200 - 220

evo did around 150 - 180

that was doing the same type of driving, pretty hard on the go pedal :)

i had them both at the same time, very nice having them together each one was good at something else :)

seems like loads of people go evo to s2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom