Type R and VTEC owners

I had Eibach springs on my DC5 and Evo IX, never had an issue with them. They are also one of the most popular choices for Honda owners due to their quality and the handling improvements they offer over standard springs.

Run it to the bin at the handbrake.

There are two grommets there either of which you can remove and stick the port in.

That's what I done with the xcarlink - though its location was also partly due to the bulky box

Ah didnt see them when I first had a look in there. The floor of that compartment is just flat, I presume you mean the two grommets on the side of the bin nearest the Handbrake?

Got my first civic!
£1500 (04 plate 78k) :cool: runs like a dream
8Rv3av2l.jpg

Absolute bargain for £1500, unless its a previous cat-c/d, i got £2100 for my cosmic grey ep2 with 90k on the clock, was mint though with full honda service history could have got close to £3k if i bothered to sell it private but wanted the s2k quick..

Hows the bearings on the gearbox sound? Very common annoying problem with the ep2 cars, had to have a new gearbox fitted on my car costing £510... Symptom is a "purr" kind of sound in 1st and second gear which will get much worse with age, and will develop into a "ticking" type noise when stationary which will go away when you press the clutch in.

Other than that the only other problem i had was the alarm going off when it rained, caused by the aerial being slightly loose on the roof, 2 hours worth of Diy taking off the trims and roof lining to get to the bolt fixed the problem.

What was the ep2 sport like to drive? I always wanted one for my next car after my Clio but couldn't afford it at the time.

Not that i'll ever be considering one now...2.0 vtec yo!

10390539_10152531161957792_7501916394912913160_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ah didnt see them when I first had a look in there. The floor of that compartment is just flat, I presume you mean the two grommets on the side of the bin nearest the Handbrake?

That's the one - I've just drilled a hole for the cable to run through mine but you could as easily remove and mount a proper port there if that's what you're going for - just watch the handbrake itself, you need to keep the wiring secured and away from the mechanism

What was the ep2 sport like to drive? I always wanted one for my next car after my Clio but could afford it at the time.

Not that i'll ever be considering one now...2.0 vtec yo!

Was not too bad actually could drive it to the limit around corners and always new when you could not push it any more. I was a lot more confident driving the ep2 then the S2k, but thats probably because i owned it for 5 years, Im still scared of pushing the s2k through fear of the back end kicking out lol

stock suspension was very stiff and unpleasent on uneven roads and you felt every bump, also i got a really bad back if i drove it for any longer then 20-30minutes!

Absolute bargain for £1500, unless its a previous cat-c/d, i got £2100 for my cosmic grey ep2 with 90k on the clock, was mint though with full honda service history could have got close to £3k if i bothered to sell it private but wanted the s2k quick..

Hows the bearings on the gearbox sound? Very common annoying problem with the ep2 cars, had to have a new gearbox fitted on my car costing £510... Symptom is a "purr" kind of sound in 1st and second gear which will get much worse with age, and will develop into a "ticking" type noise when stationary which will go away when you press the clutch in.

Other than that the only other problem i had was the alarm going off when it rained, caused by the aerial being slightly loose on the roof, 2 hours worth of Diy taking off the trims and roof lining to get to the bolt fixed the problem.

A close family friend sold it to me, trust the guy with my life all running smoothly recently changed timing belt and camshaft. gearbox seems fine at the moment.
He mentioned clutch might go soon but I can't feel it slipping yet.

Not really into fast cars(not saying the sport is one ��) but very much into economical side of it and driving carefully I managed to get 40+ mpg so far.
also got parrot pre installed with it!

Last edited:
just watch the handbrake itself, you need to keep the wiring secured and away from the mechanism

That sounds like a plan, I dont see them two meeting going well for them or me :rolleyes:. The last part Im waiting on to get this done is still lost in the postal world :mad:. That will teach me to stop being a tight git with postage..

Got one of those over from US today. It will go on the car with thermal gasket while engine is getting overhauled in august. Not expecting much of it just different vtec sound and shiny looks under bonnet. Eventually i will get throttle body to and then dyno tune the engine. But thats next year plan :P
10448755_914089185273603_2521976892786822702_n.jpg

Anyone on here with a DC5 that is local to Guildford/Woking? I'm considering getting a DC5 ITR and would much appreciate a look round one, before I go on the hunt... Not that I imagine I would like it, but just to check one out as it's been a good few years since I last saw one (at an OCuk car meet in fact).

I used to have a DC2 and have been itching to get a DC5 for a long while now. Looking forward to get back in to Honda.

Cheers guys!

I've got it back from TGM. I've really missed driving it, the trip back was awesome in this sunshine. Tom's checked everything on the car and no issues at all, all the suspension bushes aren't seized. He's fitted Eibach springs and given it a FRSU, the car really feels planted in the corners now. Will's also refurb'd the wheels and it's had some paint on the car as well. I'm very happy with the results, especially the slightly darker choice for the wheel colour.

I've also got a Flashpro from Mase on the way, that can't come soon enough.

Some quick pics:

cOtdjKE.jpg

VKRyMNs.jpg

NlTeNyF.jpg

AVTZpFF.jpg

GH9zuNW.jpg

q9RKgPQ.jpg

qhio4bk.jpg

The small marks you can see are either bugs from the drive home or dust from the paint shop. The finish is fantastic.

Last edited:
not mega keen on the wheel colour but it does go well with the blue.

How are you finding the Eibachs? I was all up for getting mine fitted with Konis as everyone I have spoken to has shot down the idea of using them on stock dampers.

They are still in my spare room, unsure of weather or not to fit them and see what its like or go all out on a full on suspension overhaul with bushes, coilovers etc.

Mine needs a tidy up also. front bumper needs stone chips sorting and I would like to remove the front plate also.

In other news, my Type S spoiler is paid for and around 4-6 weeks away. :D

I also have a set of wallet crippling Honda Access mats due any day now.

I think they're great. Who says otherwise? I'd rather have Eibach springs on stock dampers than most of the rubbish coilovers people seem to rave about. Meister R springs to mind instantly.

Back
Top Bottom