Type R and VTEC owners

Happy days :)

Mine are all free except the compliance bush which I'm hoping to get done soon.

I bought some espilir springs for mine that get good write ups from the guys in the states, then managed to pick up some Spoon coilovers as well (earlier ones made by Showa) that should be here soon, so I'm going to go with them over just springs.

Have you driven a car with Eibach springs on standard dampers for any length of time?

No but thats not my point. Why do you want to compromise it (without suitale fixes) by lowering it but then not uprate the dampers either.

Or is it purely a cosmetic thing? The 2006 is the softest of the lot and suffer from being slightly underdamped. Just putting lowering springs on is now different than the cheap coilover approach

Lowering springs are a good compromise between; looks, usability and performance.

Might I add that this is when paired with good condition stock dampners OR uprated ones.

banging £200 lowering springs on a 10 year old car with 120K on the clock might not be as ideal.

Rjk's car is low miles and would benefit from the springs. As he doesnt use it everyday it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't like them as he can swap them out.

Saying that, on a car I had only as a weekend toy, I would be inclined to go the coilover route. But as you already have them, then why not.

No but thats not my point. Why do you want to compromise it (without suitale fixes) by lowering it but then not uprate the dampers either.

Or is it purely a cosmetic thing? The 2006 is the softest of the lot and suffer from being slightly underdamped. Just putting lowering springs on is now different than the cheap coilover approach
I don't agree with you to be honest. I prefer the way the car drives with the sprigs on. It's firmer through corners, there's less roll and it's just as comfortable as it was before. I don't see the need to spend in excess of a grand for half decent dampers when my stock ones are doing just fine.

If the day comes when my dampers need replacing then I may look elsewhere.

I don't agree with you to be honest. I prefer the way the car drives with the sprigs on. It's firmer through corners, there's less roll and it's just as comfortable as it was before. I don't see the need to spend in excess of a grand for half decent dampers when my stock ones are doing just fine.

If the day comes when my dampers need replacing then I may look elsewhere.

This was the point I was making.

Although I didn't use my car as example for fear of being backlashed as a "non S2000 driver" :p

Do lowered S2000s scrape as easily/badly as lowered MX5s?

I don't like just changing just the springs on cars myself, never been happy with the results apart from the look of the thing improving! I will accept though that each car can be different though, but my own experience does lead me towards this conclusion.

I was changing I'd always change springs and dampers, I say this having faffed around with suspension bits a lot with the cars Ive had before - my Fiesta had H&R springs, then the same with Bilstein B8s, then H&R monotube coilovers, then the FN2 Civic I had had the Mugen spring/damper combo to replace the stock suspension (it was like a different car with these on, once set up with eibach camber bolts on the front etc), then the MX5 had eibachs on it, soon binned off for Meister Rs...

Bit puzzled by the vitriol about Meister R in this thread too btw, everyones all 'lol cheap coilovers' when they're £700 a set....a set of eibach springs and adjustable Konis costs about the same, are they cheap tat too? They don't have any history or brand prestige about them like Bilstein, Ohlins and the like, but sooooo many people seem happy with them, including people using them in race series with higher spring rates.

Last edited:
My S2000 is standard ride height, it scrapes on some speed humps and many car park ramps. I never bothered lowering it due to above and the need for new rear control arms and the steering rack spacers so that you dont mess up the bump steer too much

Chris has has alignment done and springs so its going to be hard for him to tell which did what.

Back
Top Bottom