Type R and VTEC owners

Non genuine mats are awful. I lucked out with the CRZ and got a pair for £35 off ebay. RRP is £100.

Mine are looking bit more tired now so I have considered the Mugen ones, but £235 is a lot of $$$$ for car mats.

Every FN2 I have been in seems to have reddy/brown mats which never match the rest of the interior. Do they just go minging really quick? :p

Yeah it's really bizarre. I hoover them often enough and clean with APC but they never look good for long. Plus the placard gets scratched and dulls real fast. I guess the mats are on a par with the quality of the rest of the car ;)

Can you get those matts in black?

Just realised, my Cisco brace still isn't hear. Nor is my Flashpro.

What other mods you go to go with the flashpro ? This isn't a K20 so you need at least a decat to see any gains. These gains will be midrange too due to the lower vtec. Throttle on the DBW also gets sharper too

Flashpro on a stock engine won't do much.

Aren't S2000's the most difficult of all vtec hondas to get gains on?

Does it even lift?

VETC tuning isn't just about gains (+20bhp tops on most engines with just breathing mods and a map of some sort), the flashes and tunes change the way they feel to drive. Most dial out the VTEC kick somewhat but give you a more linear power band which can feel like a nice contrast, without giving you much extra.

That said, I would worry about running a flash without the supporting mods it requires. Tis easy to run rich or lean with just a manifold swap etc.

Aren't S2000's the most difficult of all vtec hondas to get gains on?

Yeah as they already are tuned from the factory, even with throttle bodies peak doesnt change much.

Lowering the vtec with a decat and remap is the most efficient mod and will gain 30hp at 6000rpm with good midrange

I thought as much. Surely lowering the vtec point would remove the "vtec kick" that people like about vtec hondas?

You don't have to lower the VTEC point to remove the kick.

The "kick" is put into the map for an effect by Honda. The kick is not a smooth mapping.

My map doesn't have a kick now.

Last edited:
Hope the RS3 is better :). See I've always preferred the diagonal slashy tread of tires and found they grip more.

Rainsport 3

uniroyal-rainsport-3-2.jpg

So the RE050a you mentioned is like a normal tread.

xnIs2Di.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom