Type R and VTEC owners

So as above, thinking of another EP3 as tidy as possible as it's more likely I'll end up with a mint EP3 than Focus ST or similar for 5k or less.

But this time around, should I aim for a Premier? What are the benefits?

Or on the opposite end, should I avoid pre-facelifts for any reason? I think the two main stand out issues were the steering racks and alarm systems over the facelift cars?

Had a quick browse on the bay and theres some nice looking cars at all points but I'd want to budget for a bush refresh at least too at the age they're now at.

Today was a good post day.

IMG_20140820_104605.jpg

IMG_20140820_105020.jpg

Two boxes, one with the spoiler and higher strength boot lid springs, the other with all of the boot lid pads, spacers, bolts, uprights and covers.

I cant recommend Injection Imports highly enough in honesty. Matt replies to emails immediately every time, he got me all the info I needed and made sure I knew exactly what I was getting. Perfect service. will be using them again in future.

I'm at work today, and going away until Monday now as I am working Insomnia with OcUK

This takes quite a bit of fitting, lots of parts. The standard bootlid needs loads of modifying to fit as well as reinforcement.

I'm going to leave it until I have a free weekend. potentially next weekend.

evidence of fitting, yes. but as it is colour matched to my car i will just see if i can find a moonrock bootlid and swap it over if i ever come to sell.

no idea about rear visibility yet. will let you know once its fitted.

Plus induction kit

Wheels

Suspension

Repeat what you've already done and end up selling it for the same reason you sold your last one, you remind me of me which is good as your helping my decision to go sensible easier

I only sold it as where I worked went bust. Bills before cars. Same as I sold my Fiesta as I got laid off from where I worked.

My only **** up is I worry too much so should have kept the Civic as I got sorted soon enough at the time.

The wonderful Computer Hardware trade in Stoke-on-Trent, if you don't work at OcUK your days are numbered! Alas I am finally out of the trade and earning good money once again.

I wouldn't want to repeat everything with lowering like the last one I had. However nothing on that car was chavvy so I shall dispute any such claims :P

All it had was a cat back exhaust and it was lowered. Eibach springs/front camber bolts, DME rear camber arms, superpro caster increase polybushes, FRSU. Standard wheels, but did have them refurbed.

The EP3 is a great car out of the box in terms of ride and handling and lesson learnt, live with the arch gap because it's spot on for our roads. New bushes would be nice though as mine were soft etc and the handling was a bit light and loose at speed... when I first got the car the steering was nice, weighted, planted. I'm obviously looking at 9 year old cars really even the premiers so... I think it'd make sense to spend a few quid there, if I get another EP3.

Rybo, they're nice but not worth the premium to me, Civic is a bit more practical and far better value.

Last edited:
How much do these things cost for the total install including all the brackets to re-inforce the boot lid etc?

Around £800 all in. That includes everything for fitting.
Worth it to me as they are mega rare and the only copy is a crap looking seibon replica. The real deal is perfect though. Couldn't be happier with it.
Temptation is there to add a TypeS/CR front lip as well now though...

The type S/CR bootlid is around £400 extra so I didn't bother.
The standard bootlid is not really designed for this spoiler but you can male if fit with some time and patience.
Will have to fabricate some braces to go under it to stop it forcing the skin of the boot lid down. I did get all the rubber bumpers and stuff with it as well as the stronger boot release springs to cope with the extra weight of the spoiler.

I will take pics of how to install it if I think on when I'm doing it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom