Type R and VTEC owners

Around £800 all in. That includes everything for fitting.
Worth it to me as they are mega rare and the only copy is a crap looking seibon replica. The real deal is perfect though. Couldn't be happier with it.
Temptation is there to add a TypeS/CR front lip as well now though...

The type S/CR bootlid is around £400 extra so I didn't bother.
The standard bootlid is not really designed for this spoiler but you can male if fit with some time and patience.
Will have to fabricate some braces to go under it to stop it forcing the skin of the boot lid down. I did get all the rubber bumpers and stuff with it as well as the stronger boot release springs to cope with the extra weight of the spoiler.

I will take pics of how to install it if I think on when I'm doing it

Not a cheap wing then! really like the look of it though! yea would appreciate some pictures of the install and how you reinforce it.

Rybo, they're nice but not worth the premium to me, Civic is a bit more practical and far better value.

Out of interest, might I ask why a Civic is more practical?

I managed to fit everything I own in my DC5 when I moved back to Norwich from Edinburgh in a single trip!

Plus that LSD is just fantastic!

:D

@RJ, going to look awesome when it's on!

What do people think of the 1.8 petrol Type S GT? There's a really nice 09 one near me with 43k miles for £7k. Good buy? What should I look out for?

GT is glass roof

Full Differences between Type S and Type S GT:

Dual zone climate control
Cruise Control
Front Fog Lights standard
Automatic Lights
Automatic Wipers
Panoramic Glass Roof
Power folding door mirrors

Last edited:
I think the main big thing to look at for in Civics is rust between the windsheild and the roof but I cant remember if the GT came with a glass roof or not.

The one I'm looking at is the panoramic roof yeah.

Now, I love the Type R, but bearing in mind I'm trying to cut down on Tax, insurance and petrol, should I stick to the Type S GT, or look at the Type R for only on average £700 more? Ideally my budget is >£7k so the Type S fits me better, but I don't want something super slow after the VXR. 9s to 62 just cuts it for me...

Last edited:
I've found a junction that I love. Great visibility and hardly any traffic.

Sideways. Every single time.

Some bloke that was walking his dog grinned at me the other day when I did it.

The one I'm looking at is the panoramic roof yeah.

Now, I love the Type R, but bearing in mind I'm trying to cut down on Tax, insurance and petrol, should I stick to the Type S GT, or look at the Type R for only on average £700 more? Ideally my budget is >£7k so the Type S fits me better, but I don't want something super slow after the VXR. 9s to 62 just cuts it for me...

The 1.8 is significantly more economical than the fn2 if that floats your boat. Its also significantly slower, horses for courses

Doing it right Chris!

hmm considering replacing my Falken ZE914 before the colder weather starts but they've got 6mm of tread and I'm tight. What tyres are other S2000 owners using?

Goodyear eagle f1as2. Awesome tyres for road use. So much grip even in heavy rain.

Bridgestones just don't let you press on in wet or cold conditions in my 8 year of tyre experiment !

The 1.8 is significantly more economical than the fn2 if that floats your boat. Its also significantly slower, horses for courses

It's not massively slower in 'normal' driving and they can return 40mpg fairly easily. Quite a nice engine on my experience, more suited to the car than the 2.2. However the diesel does feel better built due to the extra sound proofing.

Well if I ask myself what I want out of the two, it would be the faster Type R all day. However, what I should get given my budget and future yields an entirely different answer.

Going to take a trip down to see a nice Type S GT 3dr tomorrow morning. £7k with 43k miles.

It's not massively slower in 'normal' driving and they can return 40mpg fairly easily. Quite a nice engine on my experience, more suited to the car than the 2.2. However the diesel does feel better built due to the extra sound proofing.

I couldn't disagree more on driving tbh, more with the diseasel vs 1.8 than petrol v petrol

The 2.2 feels rough but reasonably torquey throughout (as expected) - the fn2 is OK then pretty reasonable after 5.5k, the 1.8 is just about OK, then incredibly disappointing higher in the rev range- for me at least. I can totally see the appeal on a reliability front but it feels a slow car everywhere, even if ultimately the 1.8 and diesel pretty much match each other

Maybe. I find the contrast between the 2.2D and my S2000 too big. The 1.8 petrol feels in the middle and a nice compromise.

The diesel really doesn't like being driven spiritedly and that's something I enjoy from a car. Even if the 1.8 is no faster in a straight line it's certainly a nicer engine if you want to lean on it

Obviously the 2.2D is great on the motorway and does 54mpg in this weather, but I also find it a little big sluggish on pick up from low revs around town. Let's not talk about the cheese clutches on these engines though, another big bill waiting combined with a DMF. Petrol is nice and simple

In the market for a Civic here too.

Think the petrol 1.8 will win as it should end up being similar to run? Less things to go wrong (clutches/DMF/usual diesel stuff) and if it will average ~40mpg it's not really that much more expensive than a ~50mpg diesel, given that diesel fuel costs more to purchase?

I'm wondering what the Honda Sat Nav like? Is it worth going for? It is something that would be nice to have, providing it's not ****.

Back
Top Bottom