Type R and VTEC owners

Its absolutely the choice for reliability - economy is more like low 40's on the 1.8 to high 40's in the diseasel on a similar run anyway.

The nav makes quite a difference to the centre console on earlier models - but then again you can just stick a double din in and it'll look like the later interiors anyway. It's not very good in all honesty, the maps are old and its low resolution. The display for music etc is decent though

Ah, that's a shame. Might have to look into double din replacements....

Is the later (2011+) model worth the extra?

Edit: Actually, looks like ~£8k will buy a nice 2011. Well within budget. The car will be kept for a number of years so I think spending a bit more for a newer model isn't really that big a deal, especially if it's well within budget.

Last edited:
The facelift 2010 are much nicer. The dashboard loses the gloss black that looks awful the type s also gets the type r kit and grill.

Slight improvement in equipment level and the double din nav is decent.

Found a nice blue one on AT but apparently it needs to be "red or black". I think the blue is really nice but it's not going to be my car so not really my decision to make.

The red doesn't look that nice a red and black just makes all the edginess of the car disappear.

Yeah, I'll persevere - I've noticed a few on the road and they look nice. Got a bit confused with the 11+, will edit.

Am I correct in saying the following:

The ES model is higher specced than the Si (ES has elec folding mirrors, cruise and dual climate, they are the most appealing parts of this spec) but the Si has colour coded exterior trim, so it looks nicer?

What a strange allocation of upgrades?!?!?

:-\

Last edited:
I had a nightmare finding 16" tyres for my S2000.
I went for Toyo T1-R's as they were the only ones I could find.

I'm 100% certain those tyres are the reason I hated my S2000. You might be better off finding a set of 17" wheels as it really increases your options on tyres.

Seen an NHB premier EP3 about 80k miles, mechanically sound interior pretty much spotless but 5 or so dents/dings... hold out for something in better nick or knock him down as low as poss and spend a few hundred sorting? :-/ Says well looked after but has naff tyres on...

Spent days searching and theres very little which shout out "please buy me, I'm immaculate".. gonna be difficult lol.

Back
Top Bottom