Type R and VTEC owners

Avoid, the tyres and dents would put me off no end and tells you about the attitude of the owner.

He's not going to tell you it's been poorly looked after if he's trying to sell it.

They don't do F1AS2 below 17" in any size I don't think

I've had Falken FK452's on my 16's for the past year or so and they're ok. I've personally found them ok in the wet, but I tend not to push my luck anyway. I think you can only get the FK453's now which are supposed to be not as good.

I think the favourite for 16's at the moment is the RE002?

I've just picked up a set of facelift wheels with Conti's on, haven't driven on them yet but I'm not expecting anything mega from them! :p

They don't do F1AS2 below 17" in any size I don't think

I've had Falken FK452's on my 16's for the past year or so and they're ok. I've personally found them ok in the wet, but I tend not to push my luck anyway. I think you can only get the FK453's now which are supposed to be not as good.

I think the favourite for 16's at the moment is the RE002?

I've just picked up a set of facelift wheels with Conti's on, haven't driven on them yet but I'm not expecting anything mega from them! :p

RE002's are Ok but they're a cheap tyre, not as good as my old Hankook RS2's at anything other than comfort and tyre roar... so ideal for me atm

I'm not sure how we got onto old F1's but they're still soft, man up and get some AD08's

The contis are softer apparently. The AD08s aren't as stiff as bridgestones either from what other s2000 guys say.

But anyway it's a road car. Sometimes tyres that have more give that Lego wheels are useful

I prefer the sport contacts on an FN2 at least, they're a little bit softer but it's welcome in all honesty. I'd question whether anyone driving on road was really reaching the levels where it was noticable to the point of making a significant difference to the drive, especially between the conti's and Eagle F1's which aren't exactly brick wall sided themselves

Can we get a thread open where people can just ask Simon for oil recommendations? Yearly mileage on my teg is now triple what I had originally planned and don't fancy forking out for fresh Fuchs Titan three or four times a year!

I am considering buying a 2009 1.8 Civic Si. What do you guys think I should realistically be able to negotiate the price down to? Listed at £7,000.

Also, any opinions on the 1.8 engine?

Last edited:
For any of you guys who check forums regularly etc, if you see any real tidy EP3's for sale let me know, a Premier would be nice but anything in fantastic shape will be worth me looking :) Limited time at the moment with starting a new job but I'll try keeping tabs on ebay and the likes, cheers!

Got some work done on the spoiler yesterday.

Took the wing to my parents house and got to work on getting the holes drilled and prepped for installation.

spent about an hour measuring everything. I used the first mounting points on the Type S bootlids I had seen online as a reference point. essentially, the first bolt from the spoiler goes through a hole on the boot lid skin, then the other two holes have to be hole sawed out afterwards.

I masked the areas of the bootlid off that I needed. and drilled the holes out one at a time checking for alignment after each hole.

IMG_20140827_190133.jpg

IMG_20140827_190139.jpg

IMG_20140827_174637.jpg

IMG_20140827_174621.jpg

I covered the flat area between the roof and bootlid with some foam padding to avoid hot swarf hitting my paint. Drilling really slowly avoided the drill bit wandering.

Once the initial holes are drilled out on the top skin of the boot lid, I was drilling down into the ribbing inside the boot through the same hole.

Then I used a small hole saw to allow a socket to access this from below.

I have a template of the spoiler uprights that my Stepdad is taking to work to make supporting brackets for me.

I am going to wait for these to be made up before installing the spoiler properly as I want to ensure that it is secure and the load is spread properly.

Will probably have it on by the weekend. I will take pictures of the brackets and installation then.

I also drilled holes for the support bumpers each side of the boot lid.
IMG_20140827_190204.jpg

I have a few pictures of the wing test fitted as well as some rear [lack of]visibility pics as requested.

IMG_20140827_180354.jpg

IMG_20140827_180340.jpg

IMG_20140827_180318.jpg

IMG_20140827_175939.jpg

IMG_20140827_175948.jpg

IMG_20140827_180045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom