Type R and VTEC owners

That wynford motors place in birmingham often has some decent cars, its meant to be 'okay' as far as independent dealers are concerned, not heard anything dodgy about them, however they are pretty expensive. I wouldnt avoid these guys just because they are in Birmingham though it wouldn't be my first area to start looking for a used type R.

Has anyone heard anything about order dates for the new Civic Type R yet? I'm interested and have been chatting to some local Honda dealers and none have any information yet

Release date isn't until mid next year is it? Probably turn of the year if you're that keen to order one before anyone has driven it!

If you're on the "interested" list you should get plenty of warning. For a period I was getting random leaflets every couple of weeks from them.

What do you mean? Have prices gone up? I guess there's less and less of them every day now. Future classic?:p

a little yeah. Thinking back to the sale of mine in January for £3900, 2004, 80k, fl, decent condition.

That sort of car looks to be in the region of 5-6k now. dont know if they are actually selling at those sort of prices but it seems pretty crazy.

I suppose finding an unbarried one is becoming harder. there also seems to be zero premiers about either.

seems strange that Stormster has a good budget for one yet is struggling to find something. I would have thought 5k would net a tidy premier still.

disclaimer: this conclusion has been drawn using the grand total of 6 minutes of looking and should not be taken as 100% factual.

The DC5 market looks to be the same as the EP3 - I sold my 'Teg almost 18months ago for £6500 and it was in an excellent condition. I was looking recently and for sale values appear to have increased!

The DC5 market looks to be the same as the EP3 - I sold my 'Teg almost 18months ago for £6500 and it was in an excellent condition. I was looking recently and for sale values appear to have increased!

This seems apparent in a lot of cars to be honest, maybe it is linked to the economy recovering or just that NA hot hatches are boosting in value as all the new stuff is now turbo. Bit like E92 M3's have boosted a little as clearly 8000+rpm revving V8 is far better than a turbo charged dull sounding motor which runs out of puff around 6500rpm. Even if the new M3/M4 is faster than a GTR to 100mph :eek:

Last edited:
Muffin` My DC is back from engine job and.... Its going back on Friday :D Sadly intake cam is worn where oil seal is on cam-gear side and its leaking oil on new seals where on old one it was fine. O well at lest its leaking brake in oil not my proper stuff.
But besides that it runs better than it ever did :] Hope it wont die like yours :/

Longbow standard one or what ??

rjkoneill try to find a descent JDM DC2... Most of them are pass 110 000 miles mark. And looking at mine and muffins thats when engine is on its way out if it was driven hard. Not to mention suspension clutch and runs :/

Last edited:
So I've finally fixed up my car!

New EBC Discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads fitted. Done the job myself. When I say 'myself', I actually mean my old man done most of it while I watched and made the tea.

To be fair, I did learn a lot and could probably do it myself now.

I painted the Calipers myself! ;)

Car needs a clean. Wheels are a bit battered (it was like that when I bought it). That's the next thing on the list.

Before:

jy5nT7r.jpg

After:

z5iZ4iH.jpg

Few more pics here: http://imgur.com/a/mP72o

the boot skin is aluminium mate. I have put some paint on the inside of the holes and the stainless steel re-enforcement plates have been coated in clear platicote stuff already.

should be alright, I will just keep monitoring it. I also got some small rubber plugs off ebay today to plug the holes if I decide to take the wing off for a bit. :D

Back
Top Bottom