Type R and VTEC owners

civic tourer probably.

Do like the new tourer tbh.

Yep they have nothing on the books to replace it, the D segment is not as popular anymore, and the Accord has poor sales figures, mostly down to it being 2 years past its expiry date and the fact that HUK/HEU only like to push sales on the Swindon made models.

The new HRV will fill the range void if it officially gets killed next year, as crossovers are the thing at the moment and the push for more sporty models with the new CTR, NSX and possibly a new S2000ish model.

I suspected a crossover. Oh Honda.

^ Wasn't referring to it as a replacement, rather plugging the hole in the range, much like how Nissan ditched the Primera (and Almera) and moved towards crossovers, if you get what I mean. There is some talk of the 9g Accord plug in hybrid coming to Europe as a stand alone model, but highly doubt that will happen.

I think the new Jazz looks awesome. Keep seeing a white Si model around Gloucester.

That's probably those black and white special editions, the new Jazz isn't out yet. Do like the look of them in general, but hate the mini MPV shape, makes the whole thing look really 'mumsy'.

The Mk8 Accord came with two power levels for the 2.2 DTEC engine, 150 and 180. I think the 180 was Type S only. Can the 150 be mapped to give the power of the Type S at all? I've seen adverts offering over 200 bhp but I think 180 would be more sensible.

Well yes, but that doesn't mean your engine can't handle what is a modest 20% increase. Honestly should be a non issue so long as the clutch is up to it

The thing is, I will be doing 400 miles a week in the car so I don't want to have any reliability issues. I've seen some plug in ones for sale which push it up to 185. Need to get the car first and see how I cope with it.

Cheers mate I'll keep my eye on it.

I've mainly been looking at FN2's lately. I'd like to stick to 5500 to deal at, so looking at cars up for around 6k. I think I can get 65k and 57 reg easy enough for that.

Thing is I went mooch at some today, no time to test drive one though unfortunately, but they feel quite a big car inside compared to an EP3 and I aren't too sure about the huge dash and total inability to see the front end of the car lol. I'm only a short a**e so need to drive one on the road see how I get on with it.

Missus is moaning about me looking at EP3's now being dated and sparse... but they're cracking if it's a good un!

EDIT: guy thinks that car is worth 7250!

For comparison, I picked up an FK2 08 with 39k on the clock for £5725 (including some stuff like tax/mot/warranty). I don't think you'll find an FN2 in that same price bracket. That said, I'm already snooping around for FN2 splitters to put on my FK2, so maybe I should've spent more and just got the FN2 in the first place!*

*I needed the extra doors for regular passengers so not really

The Mk8 Accord came with two power levels for the 2.2 DTEC engine, 150 and 180. I think the 180 was Type S only. Can the 150 be mapped to give the power of the Type S at all? I've seen adverts offering over 200 bhp but I think 180 would be more sensible.

Yeh you can get near 200bhp with the DPF removed and an aggressive remap, it should be fine, the main issue with these cars is the DPF, getting that removed is the main thing, 180bhp should be fine and is more sensible.

Yeh you can get near 200bhp with the DPF removed and an aggressive remap, it should be fine, the main issue with these cars is the DPF, getting that removed is the main thing, 180bhp should be fine and is more sensible.

I'll do some more reading, but yeah I think 180 would be fine versus over 200 like some other companies quote.

Guess DTEC resolved the clutch issues of iCTDi?

I think early ones had a problem according to Honest John, but the clutch in the one I I'm getting is fine, no slipping and no history of any issues from what I could see, so I think it's unaffected.

Anything over standard will destroy the clutch on a Civic, even on post 2010 with the upgraded clutch I cant see the Accord being any better for this as its heavier. Why have you bought a car to do 400miles a week reliably and then worry about remapping for more power.

The 180hp Accord might have a better clutch but remapping diesels puts them outside the design limits of the engine and the DMF (I think this failiing is what causes clutch wear), also turns them into smoke machines.

Guess DTEC resolved the clutch issues of iCTDi?

Yeh they altered the clutch design on the 8th gen, so they won't fail prematurely like they did on the ctdi's, that isn't to say some won't as I have read stories of some that have.

Anything over standard will destroy the clutch on a Civic, even on post 2010 with the upgraded clutch I cant see the Accord being any better for this as its heavier. Why have you bought a car to do 400miles a week reliably and then worry about remapping for more power.

The 180hp Accord might have a better clutch but remapping diesels puts them outside the design limits of the engine and the DMF (I think this failiing is what causes clutch wear), also turns them into smoke machines.

But the engines can take more power, maybe the other components can't, but usually people fit uprated clutches to go with the increase in power, but theres other issues related to do that.

Perhaps speak to some tuning companies, Premier Tuning and Celtic tuning do some well known remap for the Accords.

Back
Top Bottom