Type R and VTEC owners

I 3D printed new brackets for fog light, nice mecchano skills though

Thanks. I particularly like the bit where I kinked the bracket over the old seized nut on the bottom of the bumper I couldn't remove:D Such a retarded bracket design from Honda (or just the material choice).

Hopefully another year of cheap motoring after I take it for the re-test... unless I want to replace the rings/fix oil consumption.

I bought my DC5 with 33k on it, first time I checked the oil and it was just on the bottom of the dipstick. It went through 1 litre every 500 miles, sometimes less. A few garages suggested getting the head off and inspected, probably valve stem oil seals or similar. It carried on using oil at that rate up till around 90k when I wrote it off. Never bothered having the work done and never had any issues either. That's not to say the engine was the healthiest though.

1l per 1000 miles for the K20 is within Hondas spec. My EP3 liked to drink it. It was seemingly faster than most other EP3s, even mapped ones with the usual breathing mods. But that might be just me and being a bit mental compared to other drivers.

My DC5 was also quick on the road. Noticeably quicker than similarly modded ones and it pulled a decent gap over my mates modded/mapped FD2. Of course none of this is scientific evidence. :)

No worries, glad it helped someone.
A tip for you. When you remove the fog, the screws that hold the lense on to the casing will be completely seized. You'll need to drill them out but be careful or you'll melt the plastic casing. Just keep stopping and starting drilling so it has time to cool.

Have you been to see the fn2 or any of the others you've talked through? I only ask as I went to see no less than about ten absolute dogs that sounded good on paper before buying mine. There will definitely be good, cheapish ones out there but the majority will have a glaring issue or two if you're remotely picky (which you should be as they aren't exactly thin on the ground)

Rodenal, How's the FN2 treating you? Did you get the logbook under your name? :)

Yeah it's done everything I've asked of it so far tbh, don't know how long I'll keep it but for the moment it's been perfect for carting me, the mrs, stuff and the dog around whilst being good fun to hurl around when the mood takes me. It's also got about the best history you could ask for with all the desirable warranty work etc done (plus a freshly painted near side too) and I really liked my previous diseasel overall so knew what I was getting into. The only reason I'd ever be likely to move it on would probably be if the boss wanted a newer car and I wanted to free up some cash / go back to something a bit older.

Don't get what you mean r.e logbook, why wouldn't it be in my name?

Dunno, just applied for a job 5 miles from my house. Could chop it in for a 2.4 petrol I guess. Being honest it wouldn't be used for much other than commuting so I'd chop it in I think.

Jesus you're worse than me you've not even collected it! But yeah fair enough reason I cant imagine it being happy with that kind of daily journey

The 2.4 in that model is very rare and only ex trim if I remember rightly

Let me get this right, you chopped in the Audi to get an Accord as it was costing you too much doing 30k miles a year, yet before you have even bought it you have applied for a job which makes the whole purpose of a diesel redundant? This is after you were asking about remapping said accord for more power and worried about smoke out the exhaust - but now worried about blocking a DPF.

Why not just have one car and drive the S2000 for a 5mile commute?

Let me get this right, you chopped in the Audi to get an Accord as it was costing you too much doing 30k miles a year, yet before you have even bought it you have applied for a job which makes the whole purpose of a diesel redundant? This is after you were asking about remapping said accord for more power and worried about smoke out the exhaust - but now worried about blocking a DPF.

Why not just have one car and drive the S2000 for a 5mile commute?

Who said the Audi was costing me too much? Let's get this straight, I change my mind nearly every minutes be it cars or jobs. I'm currently doing 400 miles per week minimum hence why I bought the Focus. I got bored of putting £65 in the Evo sometimes 3 times per week.

But yes just having the S2000 would be a consideration, probably the most sensible.

Yeah it's done everything I've asked of it so far tbh, don't know how long I'll keep it but for the moment it's been perfect for carting me, the mrs, stuff and the dog around whilst being good fun to hurl around when the mood takes me. It's also got about the best history you could ask for with all the desirable warranty work etc done (plus a freshly painted near side too) and I really liked my previous diseasel overall so knew what I was getting into. The only reason I'd ever be likely to move it on would probably be if the boss wanted a newer car and I wanted to free up some cash / go back to something a bit older.

Don't get what you mean r.e logbook, why wouldn't it be in my name?

I'm glad your happy with it and was just asking as we barely spoke after you bought the car off me haha. Planning on doing any mods to it? :)

Back
Top Bottom