Type R and VTEC owners

I suspect it's a case of company X buying in roof kits costing £xx, then adding a fitting fee on top. Whereas Jack Smiths are cutting them from material and fitting them but charging for material + labour.

£280 for a full roof, how long did it take?

Not knocking it, but why are some companies charging £800? Unless I'm missing something here, something has to give, be it quality of the material, the work, or all the others are making a fortune per job? Can someone enlighten?

Hes in wales and makes the roof cloth himself, read the massive thread on s2ki about him. Everyone is happy with their roofs.

Pretty sure Des paid somewhere around £800 for his a few years ago? I must admit, the worst thing on my car by far is the hood, I can stomach £280 but not £800!

I think I paid just under £600? Was a few years ago so not 100% on that.
Mine took an entire day to fit.

Was fitted by monsoon roofs somewhere near Brighton I seem to recall.

Just found this

http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk/Honda-Car-Hoods.php

Price seems to have gone up a bit.
(that might even be my car in the pics :) )

Last edited:
I paid £820 in February 2008 for a replacement Mohair Roof with Heated Glass Screen, fully fitted on my S2000 when I had it at Carhood Warehouse in Kingston Upon Thames. At the time it was the place to go to on S2KI to get a new roof.

Having naughty thoughts about buying another S2000 now company car has arrived and the A3 will be sold.

Last time I bought one largely based on convenience as I needed a car asap and a decent one turned up for sale down the road, however I always preferred the facelifted models and it was 'only' an 02 plate (albeit with all the aero kit bits).

Would like a 2004+ model, preferably GT in moonrock please ;) Also been thinking possibly VX220 as well.

Must stop thinking about it....

I think I paid just under £600? Was a few years ago so not 100% on that.
Mine took an entire day to fit.

Was fitted by monsoon roofs somewhere near Brighton I seem to recall.

Just found this

http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk/Honda-Car-Hoods.php

Price seems to have gone up a bit.
(that might even be my car in the pics :) )

Ah, I thought it was £800 for some reason, maybe I'm getting confused with the clutch on your Evo V.

Having naughty thoughts about buying another S2000 now company car has arrived and the A3 will be sold.

Last time I bought one largely based on convenience as I needed a car asap and a decent one turned up for sale down the road, however I always preferred the facelifted models and it was 'only' an 02 plate (albeit with all the aero kit bits).

Would like a 2004+ model, preferably GT in moonrock please ;) Also been thinking possibly VX220 as well.

Must stop thinking about it....

If it helps you widen your net for a decent model - ANY S2000 can be turned into a GT. All it requires is hardtop strikers and fitments which are direct bolt in to a non-GT model. Then you just source a hardtop of your liking.

The only exception to that is pre 02 models with plastic rear screens, they don't have the wiring loom for the rear heated glass of a hardtop/glass screen. You can still put all the other kit in though.

Having a GT registered car has, in some circumstances, given better insurance quotes.

Yup I know the kits can be fitted afterwards, but the cost of them was silly last time I checked. So if buying again I'd just go for a GT as they seem to be fairly easy to come across and no huge price premium on them that I can see either.

You can make it like a GT, you wont change it into a GT on the V5 though.

Even if you dont want a GT, its worth buying one to flog the roof.

Back
Top Bottom