Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Anybody have any opinions on AC condensers? The condenser in my Accord Type-S has gone, from Honda it's £400 ish but I can get a pattern part for £90 (made by Nissen as it happens) from the bay of e. There are various other online companies selling pattern parts which range from £105 to around £140 ish.

Delving a bit deeper it seems that most if not all the pattern parts are made by Nissen. Need to order today so that I can fit next week when I'm on leave from work.

Soldato
Looks like I will be joining the ranks of EP3 owners soon, when I get shot of the current fleet anyway. Took one for a test drive last night and was very impressed with how refined it is for a relatively performance oriented car. The owner had kept a book of mpg records and was regularly exceeding 40mpg, though to be fair he did say he cruises at 60-65mph on DCWs and motorways, so I'm fully expecting to get ~30. Performance is surprisingly good after driving my ZS180, though still feels a bit weak compared to the Fiat Coupe 20VT.

Interior plastics etc.are a bit nasty, but I can live with it, and it felt utterly solid with not a single squeak or rattle (more than can be said for the MG and the Fiat!). Four new Continentals on it as well.

Wow I think he may have been telling porkies, Ive never seen anyone get anywhere near 40mpg!

Soldato
Wow I think he may have been telling porkies, Ive never seen anyone get anywhere near 40mpg!

He has a book with pages and pages of handwritten numbers, and there were several in the high 20's where he'd been having a play so I trust him. I sure that 40mpg is quite possible if you did a long run at 60mph, though there is no way I'd have the patience to do that.

Soldato
He has a book with pages and pages of handwritten numbers, and there were several in the high 20's where he'd been having a play so I trust him. I sure that 40mpg is quite possible if you did a long run at 60mph, though there is no way I'd have the patience to do that.

ask him how often he changes the oil and hits vtec as well bud

Soldato

Yeah I guess so, I average about 250 to a tank but none of that ia motorway driving.

Talking of petrol I better pop to the garage before its all gone :)

Soldato
Random question, does the EP3 pre facelift have an outside temperature on the trip computer? I have seen a video on youtube and it shows a temperature but mine doesnt have this? :)

Don
Anybody have any opinions on AC condensers? The condenser in my Accord Type-S has gone, from Honda it's £400 ish but I can get a pattern part for £90 (made by Nissen as it happens) from the bay of e. There are various other online companies selling pattern parts which range from £105 to around £140 ish.

Delving a bit deeper it seems that most if not all the pattern parts are made by Nissen. Need to order today so that I can fit next week when I'm on leave from work.

Nissens make good stuff, the OEM calipers are Nissens. Recently bough a radiator by them for my car, perfect fit.

Soldato
Nissens make good stuff, the OEM calipers are Nissens. Recently bough a radiator by them for my car, perfect fit.

Glad you said that I took a punt and ordered it yesterday

Nissan - Car manufacturer
Nissen - Ocuk made up word
Nissens - A Skitzo bledd
Nissin - Honda OEM parts manufacturer

:)

The company is definitely called Nissens although admittedly in my original post I did miss off the 's' :)

Caporegime
He's an extremely well regarded engine builder/tuner down here, I have absolutely no doubt that he has looked after it properly. It has FSH and he forked out over £520 on a set of tyres a couple of months ago.

Ask him when he last changed the air freshner too :confused:

Don

I can get > 40mpg on my DC5 when driving sensibly on the motorway, I can't see why an EP3 can't manage the same thing?

Heck, I get 35mpg average over a tank full with very rare motorway use.

About 6 months ago, for a very yummy Yankee Candle apple one :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Good point. It handled nicely with no rattles or creaks, engine revved cleanly to the red line and interior and exterior are very tidy, but I didn't notice much of a Magic Tree smell. Do you think I could use this as a bargaining point? Is this a dealer only job or could an indy cope with it?

Soldato
Glad you said that I took a punt and ordered it yesterday

The company is definitely called Nissens although admittedly in my original post I did miss off the 's' :)

Oops :D

Well, my radiator was made by Nissens! http://www.nissens.com/ Sneaky names

Woah, didn't know there was an actual Nissens as well. DC2 calipers are definitely Nissin and I have some other parts as well.

I don't know why we're discussing this, it's not exactly thrilling :D

Back
Top Bottom