Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Soldato
Had one for about 5 years. I would say it has some sort of intake on it. As stock the Vtec sound was subtle but it was there.

thanks TheDome - I guess all VTEC motors are quite individual in their sounds

I don't think I've ever heard the VTEC crossover in my MB6 (thats 80k miles of driving !) - but it must be crossing over as it revs over 8000 revs :)

Soldato
Just picked up the last part I needed to swap to the JDM exhaust setup. Got the '96 spec manifold, jdm cat and mid pipe all for £150. Worth just doing for the small cost, people have said they have had decent gains with it. Just need to get round to fitting now.

Soldato
Good stuff, remember to reset the ecu properly.

The UK system is pish with the heavy and restrictive mani, long cat and pathetic 40mm b pipe entry.

Enjoy

Soldato
Got my drivers side window regulator sorted I mentioned on the last page.

£230 later... lol :(

ouch - I had similar expectation of cost for mine - and 1 year later I'm still using the door !!! - get some funny looks at dartford tunnel payage etc and carparks -but other than that - air-con does the business so not really needed

Soldato
Haha good times, unfortunately mine hasn't got aircon and I'm iffy about leaving stuff un-done.

It turned into a nightmare, loads of aftermarket suppliers sending the wrong part but luckily our local Honda dealer came through and it was the same price as an aftermarket one, still pricey though, tried a 2002 CTR one but it was totally different!

Shame it's come back with a scratch on the inside window frame of the door, not too obvious but still! Hopefully the weatherproof sheet etc is all back on properly, I'm so picky :D

Soldato
:) depends on value of car - my car is about to be "got rid of" (S-plate, 160k miles)- and has come to the end of its useful life - so spending 200+ on windows is not a priority or worth the money

Honda parts certainly are quality and last a long time but are pricey

Soldato
Yeah they aint cheap, guess this is worth a reasonable chunk though and my window was held up by strategically placed cable ties, needed doing really for securities sake :)

I miss my old Vauxhall, never broke and everything was dirt cheap! Shame about having the handling characteristics of a 3 legged donkey though lol

Soldato
^^ bet your rear door handles aren't held on with tape though !!

both failed within 1 month apart- metal bolt inside sheared off ... garage re-welded both - but only lasted 6 months before broke again

I tried getting replacement door handles - but the are out of my colour from Honda and only now come in primer (my car is Pirates Black) - scrapyard was next route - but I only intend to keep car for another 1-2 months so not worth the faff - they got through the MOT as its not a MOT failure :)

Soldato
Airbox lid came off my S2000 for the first time today. Can't believe I've not don't this before. Great free mod, massive grin :D
I hate to break it to you but if you're just running the air filter open in the engine then it's going to suffer from heat soak, and it'll just sound faster.

The S2000 is a bit of a bitch to get a decent improvement on the stock airfilter imo because of where it is situated in the engine. When I had one I bought a carbon fibre Mugen filter that required as part of the installation a cut to be made in the underside of the bonnet!

Started up my Civic Type-R after 4 months being idle (battery was disconnected, something is draining it in the space of a week :(), was a bit groggy and hunting constantly until I'd given it a bit of a run (with no tax :o). Passed it's MOT the same morning :D Hondas are awesome.

Soldato
Got that Nissens condenser today and there are 2 problems.

Firstly there are no damned o-rings with it so I'll have to hunt some down. The other thing is that when I look at the condenser from the top you can see that it's warped. So lay on a flat surface and it rocks, is this to be expected and will it sort of straighten out when I fit it and clamp it into place or is the unit a dud?

I've tried flexing the unit a bit and there's absolutely no give in it so am wondering if it doesn't flex how it will ever fit.

EDIT: Just got a callback from the supplier and they say that as the condenser is made from aluminium the condensers can warp and that it should straighten out when fitted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Put my Type R up for sale today so hoping to get some interest in it as April is meant to be one of the best months for selling. My hearts still fighting to keep it against my head saying its time to move on every time I drive it :p

Back
Top Bottom