Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
The problem with selling them according to a guy down south who offered me a trade in price of £3300 is that there is loads of them for sale down your neck of the woods and young guys are the type who want them but cant afford the insurance :(

Soldato
I hate to break it to you but if you're just running the air filter open in the engine then it's going to suffer from heat soak, and it'll just sound faster.

The S2000 is a bit of a bitch to get a decent improvement on the stock airfilter imo because of where it is situated in the engine. When I had one I bought a carbon fibre Mugen filter that required as part of the installation a cut to be made in the underside of the bonnet!

Started up my Civic Type-R after 4 months being idle (battery was disconnected, something is draining it in the space of a week :(), was a bit groggy and hunting constantly until I'd given it a bit of a run (with no tax :o). Passed it's MOT the same morning :D Hondas are awesome.

It was a nice day and heat soak was actually quite obvious to me, even though I'm not exactly a racing driver! The faster sound is worth it, I'll just have to blip the throttle before the traffic light GP...

Soldato
Been offered a Nighthawk Black 05 Premier (with factory sat nav) for £6250.

History is Full Honda Service.

Milleage 46k..

Owned by Honda Chiswick as a Demo Car with 4 miles, then sold to the chap who has it now.

He says it's in great condition, with a few stone chips. Temped just to go and have a look this weekend as he's ten mins from the girlfriends house.

I've always wanted a Cosmic Premier though :\

Caporegime
Been offered a Nighthawk Black 05 Premier (with factory sat nav) for £6250.

History is Full Honda Service.

Milleage 46k..

Owned by Honda Chiswick as a Demo Car with 4 miles, then sold to the chap who has it now.

He says it's in great condition, with a few stone chips. Temped just to go and have a look this weekend as he's ten mins from the girlfriends house.

6.2! WTF!

Honestly you'll kick yourself, EP3's have tanked like a mofo and the Premiers went with it. The Scene tax is just not worth it for some seats.

Associate
Has anyone here put some wheel spacers on a Civic Type R FN2 before, was looking at getting some 1" spacers from the USA but not sure if it would be ok? dont want the wheels hitting the arch etc when on bumpy roads.

Soldato
The black one aint worth 6200 quid nowadays... I think I'd struggle to get 4500 back for mine and I've spent dosh on loads of servicing, new tyres etc, put about 7k on it since October though but it's still only on 68k. £4500 would be lucky at the mo and mines a very very clean/straight car!

They're dropping fast now!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime

and if you dont get exactly that you will regret it every time you drive the car.

I ended up with a silver Fiesta ST over a Performance Blue one and it was ok for a while but every time I saw a performance blue car on the road, I was always envious.

wait, and get the car you want.

I wanted a cosmic civic so nothing else would do this time.

EP3's have tanked like a mofo and the Premiers went with it. The Scene tax is just not worth it for some seats.

I would have to agree, but if you are dead set on a Premier Edition then go for it.
at least get the exterior colour you want though. I personally wouldn't want to keep a black car clean on UK roads.

They're dropping fast now!

they are but, low mileage facelifts are keeping their value well enough. especially in cosmic grey it seems
must be because it was a FL only colour and is more desirable?

Associate
When I had a ITR someone decided to de-inflate my tyres via the slashing manoeuvre, and today someone decided to modify the S2000 paint work. Always nice to have a free mod. ( yes it's filthy, but that's what 400 miles in a weekend does to a car that actually gets driven :p )

2012-04-10183148.jpg

Associate
I honestly think I would be mad enough to break someone's fingers if I found them doing that. Utter scum.

Since the new roof was fitted 48 hours earlier I'm 'happy' it's the only damage. Maybe it's the car trying to tell me I might as well get a front lip ordered now I'll need to visit a bodyshop. Anyone have a very rough guide at the scratch only repair cost? I've around £180 in my head, so maybe £300 with a lip painted and fitted too?

Man of Honour
OP
Can't believe how cheap EP3's are getting now, dropping below the DC2 prices
To be fair, they've been below DC2 prices for a while.

DC2's have a bit of a cult status, more-so than the EP3 IMO. And finding one that isn't rusted around the rear arches is hard work, hence prices stay high.

I honestly don't think you'll be able to get a good example DC2 for less than £4000 for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom