Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Maddening that scratch to the s2k.

I'm currently posting this from the sofa with a lovely view of my car under the street lamp.

I can't mention on the forums what my actions would be if I caught someone doing that to my car.

Hope you can get it sorted with minimal fuss and expense

Soldato
The markets a joke for ep3 right now been trying to sell mine at about £400 less than the closest one for 60 miles around here and getting nothing but time wasters calling up and offering me about half what im asking its unreal there offering me less than we buy any car for goodness sake. I cant get a trade in as down south they have so many up for sale no one wants it :p

Soldato
anyone on here know much about air-con systems please ? I may post in cars general - but this thread was more Honda centric. My wifes Type-S was air-con did not seem to be working - so took it to Honda for an air-con service/re-gas

we were told the Air-con discharge pipe is cracked and needs replacing. I've tried google searching but not much comes up re the discharge pipe - is it part of the high pressure loop/system or a drain ?

they wanted £330 inc vat and parts which seemed pricey to me ?

Associate
I'm considering selling up a few non essential items I have, as in a road bike and my spare AD08's and purchasing a cheap motorway car for my commuting, since the s2000 is doing over 1000 miles a month currently, and having had some pleb key the car whilst parked up. My initial thought was to look at any old thing that had enough T&T to last until later on in the year when hopefully I might be moving work location and as such knocking 5000 miles a year straight off my annual mileage.

The Mrs then mentioned maybe selling the Berc HFC and DMS Pro65R Series Exhaust bringing fund up to over £2k and getting me back in a Octavia vRS now the 2002's are going for under £2k. My last one cruised all day at 40mpg on the motorways @ 70mph, all with a sound engine, comfy interior with massive boot space and cruise control for the long journey.

Anyone ever done similar? Part of my worry is ONLY using the s2000 for fun, seems a expensive luxury for some reason then

Caporegime
anyone on here know much about air-con systems please ? I may post in cars general - but this thread was more Honda centric. My wifes Type-S was air-con did not seem to be working - so took it to Honda for an air-con service/re-gas

we were told the Air-con discharge pipe is cracked and needs replacing. I've tried google searching but not much comes up re the discharge pipe - is it part of the high pressure loop/system or a drain ?

they wanted £330 inc vat and parts which seemed pricey to me ?

try looking on the Civic owners forum, would have thought it would be the same as the Type-R version and someone will know about it, sounds expensive though for a pipe could be stealer tax

I was looking through the pics on the ITR-DC2 thread a couple of days ago and was quite surprised to see some of the big wing and bling content at Mimms. Some of it's very well done, but very contra to the normal Honda OEM+ scene.

I do actually have a little soft spot for the low white EG Civic, and the UKDM DC2 on the green Rotas looks epic. Must keep an eye out for a set of those.

Soldato
Fitted a AEM V2 to my ep3 yesterday. My god des it scream when vtec kicks in! :) I know the power gains are minimal if anything but it puts a big smile on my face! :)

Soldato
I'm tempted get one soon too lol.

Got excited today by taking a cat heatshield off to stop an annoying rattle, it was half hanging off so was convinced it was this.

Until I started the car up and it still buzzes/rattles @ 3k! Must be the damn driveshaft heatshield too lol fun and games.

Caporegime
I do actually have a little soft spot for the low white EG Civic

fa3a074c.jpg

125813654058.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I'm going to be honest. That looks dreadful.

I am sick to the back teeth of this 'look', I cannot wait until its over.
All of the car sites I regularly look at seem to be moving towards it too.
I recently unliked meguiars uk from my Facebook, because all they ever did was post a constant stream of this garbage.

I get the feeling that it will be like any form of trend in a few years, people responsible for it will look back on pics of it and think, that was retarded.

Soldato
I'm tempted get one soon too lol.

Got excited today by taking a cat heatshield off to stop an annoying rattle, it was half hanging off so was convinced it was this.

Until I started the car up and it still buzzes/rattles @ 3k! Must be the damn driveshaft heatshield too lol fun and games.

Get one but be prepared to get through petrol at an alarming rate as vtec is so addictive now!

I had this rattle too, was the silver engine cover. Just got to figure out what the strange creak is everytime I accelerate! :s

Man of Honour
OP
I'm going to be honest. That looks dreadful.

I am sick to the back teeth of this 'look', I cannot wait until its over.
All of the car sites I regularly look at seem to be moving towards it too.
I recently unliked meguiars uk from my Facebook, because all they ever did was post a constant stream of this garbage.

I get the feeling that it will be like any form of trend in a few years, people responsible for it will look back on pics of it and think, that was retarded.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom