Type R and VTEC owners

Yeah it was also made specifically for Imprezas. My impression was fairly good in dry not spectacular grip though, excellent steering response, bad ride (they are as solid as a runflat near enough), mildly terrifying in the wet as it would grip nicely then without any warning turn into a lurid slide.

I thought the only RE070 available over here was a Subaru specific compound.

From what i can remember the RE070 in Japan is the OE fit tyreon the FD2, but you can't get it over here.

Last edited:
They were soft on my ATR, and other ATR owners at the time agreed that they didn't have the sidewall stiffness that Type R's seem to require.

I've never used the A046/8 so wouldn't know, but have seen AD08 compared to RE070.

Is the Subaru one a special code ?

RE070s are RE070s. They are on the GTR too

To the best of my recollection, the 225/45 R17 tyre available in the UK is the RE070 (FZ) which I believe is a subaru specific mould version. Whilst it is probably the same compound as the tyre used on the S2000 CR and FD2, the tyre isnt available in this country under any other R17 size.

The only other sizes available for that tyre in the UK are in R20 which I assume is for the GT-R. and is a runflat.

a DC5 stock tyre size is 215/45 or 210/40 [cant remember], so the subaru one is probably a bit on the big side for an Integra.

Last edited:
correct, but back to the original point, the RE070 may be a decent tyre for the DC5 if it was the correct size. but considering the UK market only has a subaru specific mould available in a wider size, it sounds like bjn [and looking at other posts, a few others] has fitted the wrong tyres for their cars.

correct, but back to the original point, the RE070 may be a decent tyre for the DC5 if it was the correct size. but considering the UK market only has a subaru specific mould available in a wider size, it sounds like bjn [and looking at other posts, a few others] has fitted the wrong tyres for their cars.

Depends how you define wrong. 225,s albeit not the 215 OEM size, do still fit. They've been used by many, many DC5 owners since the tyre has been in the UK, so if there were any serious issues with it, it would have surfaced by now :)

Everyone who doesnt fit OEM specified tyres has the 'wrong' tyres

Everyone who doesnt fit OEM specified tyres has the 'wrong' tyres

Exactly my point.

As I said, I'll see how they go and if I decide I don't like them on the car I'll swap them out and try the F1s like I originally planned - I only bought these to try them as a result of the brilliant feedback they get from other DC5 owners

To further the point about them being too wide - my car still has the standard suspension in place with no drop, so I shouldn't face any rubbing issues that others have had in the past.

Back
Top Bottom