Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
It'll improve economy in all areas as it leans out the overly rich stock map.

KPro and K100 are basically the same thing. They will have the same map on them, so no difference at all in BHP/torque or economy. The difference is that the KPro has a USB socket allowing you to datalog and tune the car yourself.

ooh, so more mid range basically? economy improvisations would be nice.
so would probably get the K100 over the Pro as it would be a 'fit it and forget it' mod.
where is the best place to get one?
would it just be a case of going to TDI north to get it set up?

A34 is good for a test drive :) do you work on the counter? I keep looking at the Tegiwa induction for mine but I know if I get that I would have to get an exhaust and then remapped.

5200rpm Vtec
8600rpm Rev limiter , it's a different beast.

I dont, I am in the purchasing office. :( ask the shop guys and I will come out for a chat if I am free:)

Man of Honour
OP
ooh, so more mid range basically? economy improvisations would be nice.
so would probably get the K100 over the Pro as it would be a 'fit it and forget it' mod.
where is the best place to get one?
would it just be a case of going to TDI north to get it set up?

Yes, there is an old before and after KPro dyno print out from ages ago, the mid range gains are massive, more so with a free flowing header.

TDI North can supply and fit both the K100 and KPro.

Soldato
I think it's a hugely expensive thing to buy for economies sake. It's expensive enough for powers sake lol, but I'd be tempted with a K100 once I've done a few choice mods if the price was sensible inc mapping if it's the same thing minus the USB stuffs.

I get over 35mpg on the motorway easily, about 28-29 going steady around town. Just seem to clock the miles up...

I took my cat heatshield off the other day as it was as good as hanging off, snapped bolts etc... thinking it'd solve my buzzing/rattling but alas the driveshaft heatshield is also rattling, nightmare!

Man of Honour
OP
I think it's a hugely expensive thing to buy for economies sake. It's expensive enough for powers sake lol, but I'd be tempted with a K100 once I've done a few choice mods if the price was sensible inc mapping if it's the same thing minus the USB stuffs.

I get over 35mpg on the motorway easily, about 28-29 going steady around town. Just seem to clock the miles up...

I took my cat heatshield off the other day as it was as good as hanging off, snapped bolts etc... thinking it'd solve my buzzing/rattling but alas the driveshaft heatshield is also rattling, nightmare!
Get you car mapped, floor it in 4th gear at 2k rpm and by the time you hit the limiter you will think the money is worth it.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
what kind of price is a fitted K100? cant seem to find much info.

assuming that it would include rolling road time?

Permabanned
Your key is coded to the ECU on the car.

Change ECU, need key recoding.

AFAIK it's only if you buy a second hand one.

Yeh, if you get it done at a tuner they piggyback onto your original ECU ( i think ), or you have the option of getting a different ECU so you can keep your original.

My KPRO off ebay I had to get recoded for about £45 as it was a different ECU I bought. Whenever I come to sell though I can swap my original one back in and sell the KPRO on again. In the long run it won't cost me anything if the demand is still there for K20 engines. If I sold now I would get my money back easily, they hold value really well.

With KPRO, you can also disable the immobiliser until you get it recoded.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Right so if I get the kpro/k100 on my ecu then it's fine, if I use a replacement ecu then I have to get the immobiliser sorted?

It's like a piggyback board on the oem ecu then?

Forgive my ignorance, I understand the principle of it but am hazy on the specifics.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes that's right, on both counts.

AFAIK only Honda dealers can recode the keys, some charge a fortune, some don't charge much at all.

Soldato
assuming that it would include rolling road time?

Lolz!

To setup a new ECU and map it properly for your car it'l cost another wedge of money.

Romain down at Eurospec is supposed to be very good but I wouldn't take my car anywhere other than Will @ RDT and there are guys on itr-dc2 with some serious builds being done or been done by Will. I'm tempted to get an S300 and take mine down there, but my priorities are all over the shop atm :p

Meticulous and will most likely spend the majority of a day checking your car out getting it setup properly on the dyno. You cannot map a car properly with a couple of cheeky hours on a dyno and some blase mapping! Plus he's under 2hrs from you, so no excuse :D

A review (might need to sign up): http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=93502&hilit=will+rdt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom