Type R and VTEC owners

Don
Taken from the thread about the RE002's on ITR-DC2

"I've had these on for 500 miles I find them amazing in the dry feedback is good,grip is amazing. I use these as road tyres can't fault them. I've had re010 and rs2s to compare with.in the wet there ok better than expected they under steer quite a bit when pushing hard but very controllable."

Man of Honour
OP
its going soon. was on the car when I got it.

is the cone in the window a bad idea then :p

Yeah I'd say so, if you value your hearing. :p

Taken from the thread about the RE002's on ITR-DC2

"I've had these on for 500 miles I find them amazing in the dry feedback is good,grip is amazing. I use these as road tyres can't fault them. I've had re010 and rs2s to compare with.in the wet there ok better than expected they under steer quite a bit when pushing hard but very controllable."

Cheers, I will get round to ordering some.

Soldato
Just finished the first full tank of fuel on my EP3 and managed slightly under 36mpg which I'm quite pleased about. That was just with gentle acceleration, sticking to higher gears as much as possible and avoiding VTEC operation though I wasn't actually driving slowly (85 on DCWs, ~60 around the B roads and it did include a fair bit of crawling through traffic). 40+mpg must be easily achievable if you were happy to chug along at 65, so I can quite believe the economy figures the previous owner managed.

Now I know what it can do in economy terms, it's time to explore the other end of the scale :D

Has to be said that the quality of the interior is a surprising step down from my old Fiat and really no better than my ZS180. I'm not an interior whore so I can easily live with it, but it does let an otherwise brilliant car down a little.

Associate
My search for an S2000 has had me stumble across a rather nice DC5, and at such a price I could probably run it a year or two and not loose a great deal. Just running some quotes now...

oh and it comes with a mugen twinloop :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
My search for an S2000 has had me stumble across a rather nice DC5, and at such a price I could probably run it a year or two and not loose a great deal. Just running some quotes now...

Twin loop

WINNER! :)

careful now, they're a hard car to shift, prices are on their way down, get a good deal

if you want we can advise if it's a good deal :p

bJN

bJN

Soldato

Same with me. I've been looking at facelift S2000s for a little while now and keep getting drawn to the DC5 as well. I don't if it's the practicality thing or what, but both have me :eek::cool::D every time I think about them :)

Associate
Ive been looking at S2000's for a while, I'm after a facelift GT, either in grey or black with black and red interior with the bushes/suspension checked for around 8kish. A few are in that price range but none in the spec I want and I'm getting impatient. Had a DC2 a few years ago and its by far the most fun car i've owned and always toyed with the idea of the DC5.

There are actually two that look pretty good. Both around the 7k mark 50kish miles one black one blue, 2001 & 2003 plate. Luckily both are within 30 mins drive of each other so I'll be going for a look see next week.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Yeah the prices for both seem quite reasonable now - but in my mind it's just messing with me - you can get good examples of facelift S2000s as you say, for circa 8k now. For similar money you can get some very good examples of DC5s too, but they're always a few years older...

Decisions decisions...

Associate
A 2001 for £7k?
That's not cheap. Infact I'd call that expensive.

If you're going to get one. Make sure it has 17" wheels as the 16"s are a pain in the ass to get good tyres for.

Are you not getting mixed up with DC2? all DC5's come with 17's as standard. The 2001 comes with the twinloop which is worth a fair few quid, without it it would be around 6.5k.

Back
Top Bottom