Type R and VTEC owners

What is your long term plan for the S2k? I want my arches fixing but I'm not sure it's worth it on a 4.5k car.

Run it till it's dead I think.

It's had a tough life and been driven hard. It's been a great car and reliable in the 8.5years I owned it (only planned to keep it a year originally)

But it's now past the point of trying to save. Arches are gone, gearbox is noisy and roof is in need of replacement. But hey it's been cheap motoring and a real pleasure to drive despite a few cosmetic issues, one of the best cars I've driven for involvement.

If it disappeared tonight I would probably replace it with another.

Fair. Seems a shame though. You can get rear quarter panels from honda for 500 quid a piece and I don't think new roofs are that expensive.

but if the cars only worth 4.5k, its going to cost a good £2k to sort out the arch's if he buys new from honda + welding -cutting paint, and the roof, he could chop it in part ex and use the £2k he would have spent buying a newer/better s2000

S2KIP Cotton is bad ?? Try Foam Spoon one :D

Simon I was in that position before i decided to keep my DC and throw money at it. Cause WHAT ELSE I gonna buy ??? Not many JDM coupe cars are there.

but if the cars only worth 4.5k, its going to cost a good £2k to sort out the arch's if he buys new from honda + welding -cutting paint, and the roof, he could chop it in part ex and use the £2k he would have spent buying a newer/better s2000

I meant mine was worth £4.5k, on a good day. Simon's is an earlier one with about 40k more miles.

If you're planning on keeping it, value is irrelevant. You just want it to look nice.

I meant mine was worth £4.5k, on a good day. Simon's is an earlier one with about 40k more miles.

If you're planning on keeping it, value is irrelevant. You just want it to look nice.

Yeah i just use it to have a fun drive when i need to get somwhere - although mine spends a lot of time parked at heathrow too

If they are proper drilled brakes I imagine that they're an (expensive) option rather than standard. Good to see Brmbo capipers and front parking sensors (as an option I presume).

TBH when I look at them new cars i see me driving one ONLY in R Sports Track or whatever mode lol Driving cars in normal mode is boring. I I love that feeling that car wants to kill You :D

New Spoon (+5bhp) Radiator stays fitted as the old ones were rusted to buggery.

Before:

yIi3FXw.jpg

After:

l7LMqsK.jpg

Also checked the oil, not a single drop used. In fact, it's not used a single drop since I bought it. :D

TGM are currently painting another rocker cover which I should have fitted in a few weeks.

Last edited:
My oversized radiator is on cable ties would.need to.make custom holders and after 4 years have not broke :) worth it cause after 9 laps of total trashing on donington oil was at 90c and coolant 98 and motul kne is good till 110 haha Brakes on other hand not so much lol

Back
Top Bottom