Type R and VTEC owners

The calipers are fine, the pads and discs are pretty crap though.

The pads and discs are absolutely fine as OEM. A lot of people think they don't inspire confidence compared to uprated parts, but that's because the uprated parts really are fantastic.

The standard pads and discs on my DC5 when I first got it were fine for very spirited driving and easy to live with day-to-day. The DS2500 pads and standard discs I have now have a lot more bite when they're hotter, but the low-speed, low-temp performance is the same if not worse than standard. They are still decent Brembo parts!

What's this part called and how easy is it to replace?

l7LMqsK_zps0189c1e1.jpg

Tried removing this as the replacement from honda is only £13. Annoyingly the screws aren't coming out due to rust. Need to borrow an impact driver. The part is called "stiffener upper" just in case anyone else needs to replace theirs. They tend to go rusty even on the facelifts.

Gave the car a good going over and got it clean this weekend. The wheel nuts are shocking, the corners of the nuts are all rusted. I want to get rid of the ugly as sin Honda locking nuts too.

So I looked on Lings to see what price they were on there. As expected, £130

so I put the part number into eBay expecting to be presented with a veritable host of taper seated dairy milk strength 'tuner lug nuts' from my mates at Tegiwaz.

surprisingly, I was presented with a few listings from a honda dealership selling a brand new set of 20 wheel nuts for sub £20 inc postage.

says in the description that they have been removed from cars whilst fitting lug nuts.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-H...529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339a675d99

worth keeping in mind if you have tatty wheel nuts and fancy freshening them up.

Evening Guys,

Need 2 new front tyres and new pads, Halfords have not specified what pads they'll be using but quoting £90 for the front ones fitted by the looks of their print out.

As for tyres theyve quoted 93 each which will be crap tyres no doubt. Any recommendations on tyres? Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 seem to be getting good reviews. they the best bet? can get them through blackcircles for £122 fitted each

Halfords sell an impact driver (the type you hit) for £20 that'll probably do it, part of their pro range so lifetime warranty. I think Machine Mart do a cheaper one.

Might be worth grabbing one as they're helpful when changing discs if you plan to do that in the future.

Unusually(genuinely) for their tools its not actually very well made. I have one and the slip ring has become damaged after only light use.

Its still perfectly usable with a little bit of thought and checking it wants to turn, but they shouldn't break

Unusually(genuinely) for their tools its not actually very well made. I have one and the slip ring has become damaged after only light use.

Its still perfectly usable with a little bit of thought and checking it wants to turn, but they shouldn't break

Funny you should say that, mine broke the same way although it wasn't that light use ;)

Halfords replaced no questions asked though.

Evening Guys,

Need 2 new front tyres and new pads, Halfords have not specified what pads they'll be using but quoting £90 for the front ones fitted by the looks of their print out.

As for tyres theyve quoted 93 each which will be crap tyres no doubt. Any recommendations on tyres? Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 seem to be getting good reviews. they the best bet? can get them through blackcircles for £122 fitted each

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/goo...-fully-fitted-for-84-55-f1autocentres-2145330

Halfords sell an impact driver (the type you hit) for £20 that'll probably do it, part of their pro range so lifetime warranty. I think Machine Mart do a cheaper one.

Might be worth grabbing one as they're helpful when changing discs if you plan to do that in the future.

I have a Clarke one from MachineMart, great quality, used it to take of the screws that secure the brake disc, which get pretty much embedded in, took them off without much effort.

I have a Clarke one from MachineMart, great quality, used it to take of the screws that secure the brake disc, which get pretty much embedded in, took them off without much effort.

I've got this too

Wouldn't want to use it on any screws in the bonnet area though...

If it's too stuck for penetrating fluid, then a rattle gun is the only thing I'd want to use on it given it's on the edge of bumper.

Sent Honda Uk a complaints letter about my issue with the dealership I had a service from. Got a letter back stating the franchise changed....I already knew that and addressed it in my letter. No mention of what the next stage is.

Absolutely usless.

Back
Top Bottom