Type R and VTEC owners

I've got this too

Wouldn't want to use it on any screws in the bonnet area though...

If it's too stuck for penetrating fluid, then a rattle gun is the only thing I'd want to use on it given it's on the edge of bumper.

Same, the amount of force that is put down with impact driver you could bent a bit of metal or break something.

Sent Honda Uk a complaints letter about my issue with the dealership I had a service from. Got a letter back stating the franchise changed....I already knew that and addressed it in my letter. No mention of what the next stage is.

Absolutely usless.

Perhaps time to get lawyers in, get some advice and what your rights are, and get them to write a letter, they might then take the matter seriously. Unfortunately Honda UK are the most incompetent management team in Europe run by a bunch of numptys which is why Honda is near dead in Europe, so it will probably be a slow process.

Hopefully Honda HQ in Japan will sack the lot sooner than later.

Perhaps time to get lawyers in, get some advice and what your rights are, and get them to write a letter, they might then take the matter seriously. Unfortunately Honda UK are the most incompetent management team in Europe run by a bunch of numptys which is why Honda is near dead in Europe, so it will probably be a slow process.

Hopefully Honda HQ in Japan will sack the lot sooner than later.

Yeah, I gathered.

As it stands, franchise dealer at the time of service, has given the go ahead for the car to be throughly checked for the fault by the current dealer. If it turns out they are at fault, they will probably settle for a cash payout rather then fix the engine as it will cost ££££. That's as it stands, how it pans out I do not know.

Had my DS2500s on for over 2 years now. Obviously don't do much mileage.

Bought some Pagid's cos I was in ECP and they were about £20 so just bought them as I figured they'd need replacing soon. Took my brakes apart to check...

pagids.jpg

Think I need to start giving them a good kicking :D

Hello Honda owners, I'm looking at buying Honda Civic 02-05 with 1.4 or 1.6 as a first car. What things should I look out for and which engine is more reliable/has less issue?

P.s. My dad use to own a '01 Honda accord 1.8 Vtec sport which lasted us 5 years and has done over 140k miles, we did 80k. This car has never let us down, the engine could probably out last the chassis :p

What other places could I search for civic's, except for Autotrader, Gumtree, Ebay and Pistonheads?

peterattheboro that suppose to be wear ??
416407_527713677244491_667981506_o.jpg

Red stuff pads(now i know they are crap) after 3000 miles with me LOL. Finished second set of this EBC **** to. At the minute i got Mintex ones and they are not bad but next up are DS2500

Last edited:
peterattheboro that suppose to be wear ??
416407_527713677244491_667981506_o.jpg

Red stuff pads(now i know they are crap) after 3000 miles with me LOL. Finished second set of this EBC **** to. At the minute i got Mintex ones and they are not bad but next up are DS2500

DS2500s are good, what I've got on my 5 all round! Very, very dusty though I warn you ;)

Funny you mention that. Was just looking around to try and find some equivalents / similar from other manufacturers and actually stumbled across some worrying information.

DS2500s are illegal to use on the road. Sounds a bit drastic, but have a look up for the ECE R90 regulations, instigated in 1999. This probably explains why they are now sold as "track" pads. Think I may be changing these pads sooner than necessary...

Yet they pass MOT without issue...

Because the ECE R90 is in no way shape or form related to an MOT. An MOT will check that the brakes function correctly and provide "x" amount of stopping power. ECE R90 goes on to state that any aftermarket or OE replacement part must be within +/-15% of the OE performance. As the DS2500s are quite far north of this 15%, they fall foul of the regulation, are not type-approved and thus illegal for road use by law. Why the boxes they come in state "For Race use only.".

Hello Honda owners, I'm looking at buying Honda Civic 02-05 with 1.4 or 1.6 as a first car. What things should I look out for and which engine is more reliable/has less issue?

P.s. My dad use to own a '01 Honda accord 1.8 Vtec sport which lasted us 5 years and has done over 140k miles, we did 80k. This car has never let us down, the engine could probably out last the chassis :p

What other places could I search for civic's, except for Autotrader, Gumtree, Ebay and Pistonheads?

Both engines are pretty much bulletproof, there's not a lot to look out for apart form the usual checks you would when buying any car. I would go for the 1.6 if insurance is reasonable simply because it has a bit more get go and will be better on the motorway.

Back
Top Bottom