Type R and VTEC owners

No nav on that car.

Price is strong considering the first thing you'd want to do is fix those wheels and make then the right colour again.

It's pretty much literally round the corner from me, if you're unsure about it or want a comparison more than happy to take you out in mine - about to get new fron t shocks mind but you'll get the idea

where you do stay. im down in moodiesburn

Doesn't seem to, I wanted nav when I bought mine but hardly any have it tbh. The ones I found that did weren't in great condition.

Option could be to add a double din, that's what goes in the later cars anyway when nav is specced

Edit - just outside Coatbridge so not far

Doesn't seem to, I wanted nav when I bought mine but hardly any have it tbh. The ones I found that did weren't in great condition.

Option could be to add a double din, that's what goes in the later cars anyway when nav is specced

Edit - just outside Coatbridge so not far

ill go and have a look after work tomorrow. nav or not its still a type r. gives me an idea of what to expect from others.

That car is six years old but has only had 3 services - the schedule is 12.5k or a year so it should have had 5

None of those have nav. Dunno why you're fixating on it, find a car that's had the roof warranty work done and ideally that some other mug has had the front end painted recently, especially with black or bronze - mine is a mess at the front

Honda diagnosed the problem of a timing chain jump due to a mishift. Not the work they've done. Told me to collect the car. Think they've sent a report by email. Bad times.

No charge to checking the car. They stated the timing chain should have been changed at 75k. I thought honda changed that it's for life. Regardless it'll be a hard one to prove as its my word against theirs. Putting it down to bad luck.

EDIT: just to add they said the issue 'may' have occurred because of a mishift, not that it is for certain.

Last edited:
A pretty convenient excuse imo.

Why haven't Honda asked me to change my chain then if the k20 needs them done at 75k and has been in to them.loads over the last year? They are desperate to sell air con gassing and to flog me a tyre that has 4mm left - can't see them passing up the chance to charge for a chain change

I would be very tempted to take it further - get their report then get it checked yourself, its a case of a couple of hundred quid vs a couple of grand. There is next to no chance it is sheer coincidence that something happened after their work.

Last edited:
Would be very interesting to see their actual report, and sorry to hear that outcome Vita! The timing chains themselves are a life-time product, they should not need replacing. That being said, the OEM timing chain tensioner on the K-series engines is not, so I wonder if it could be that which has caused it in the first place?

If anyone wants to read a little more about: clicky.

Seems odd to me the dealer are saying its because of a moneyshift and then say you should have changed the chain at 75k. Either it's because of mis-shift or the chain failed in some way, or what are they trying to get too.

Vita, can you remember at all if you mis-shifted at any point? It would be quite obvious as the car would rev into oblivion, its quite easy to knock into 2nd instead of 4th when changing really really quick, although very rarely would someone do that!

But it looks you might have to cut your losses, but you shouldn't loose a huge amount of money, these are popular in demand car, and someone out there wouldn't mind buying a car 1k under the normal price and just do an engine swap or repair.

Seems odd to me the dealer are saying its because of a moneyshift and then say you should have changed the chain at 75k. Either it's because of mis-shift or the chain failed in some way, or what are they trying to get too.

Vita, can you remember at all if you mis-shifted at any point? It would be quite obvious as the car would rev into oblivion, its quite easy to knock into 2nd instead of 4th when changing really really quick, although very rarely would someone do that!

But it looks you might have to cut your losses, but you shouldn't loose a huge amount of money, these are popular in demand car, and someone out there wouldn't mind buying a car 1k under the normal price and just do an engine swap or repair.

All I remember I shifted from 4th to 5th. Then when I put my foot back on the accelerator (was in the start of vtec), car cut out. If I had mishifted I would have not even taken it back to Honda to be messed about.

Again it's their opinion and a possibility, they haven't said it's for certain. Something has failed, and I probably will have to cut my losses. It's a brilliant example of a car bar the dead engine. Will have to get a second opinion though before I right it all off.

Back
Top Bottom